Snr Race Night On The Prom

ai_Droid

basically you will watch a film of this mediocre band from PBF

As an aside to this thread (that looks like it's running out of steam like the Prom entertainment!) I agree with this. I went to see BDS with an open mind and I'm afraid all I saw was a one man show and a pretty repetitive show at that. If they're going to play concerts rather than just record, they should get a drummer and bass player who look slightly interested in what they're doing, learn to break up the relentless fast guitar work every now and then and get themselves someone who can push the guitarist out of the spotlight every now and then - everyone's a music critic, aren't they?:)

Which BDS gig were you watching? I'm pretty sure there will be multiple people on the Island & in the USA who will strongly disagree with you on this one....

laser show was wank TBH. Dissapointed with the last nights entertainment on the prom. All seemed to finish early and run out of steam. Should have had the fireworks as the finale...

TBH, the laser people were unlucky with the weather - too good for them. Some clouds or overcast, or at least some wind to get the smoke going would have helped. Shame, really - they were nice little units (900mw?) - plenty of oomph but little wow without smoke or clouds... Wasn't there supposed to be one at 10pm as well? Been freezing my cojones off on the beach for two hours...

Laser Show Video

Pics:

61t62vt.jpg

5zqh7iq.jpg

4lyllp5.jpg

4otmv6c.jpg

laser show was wank TBH. Dissapointed with the last nights entertainment on the prom. All seemed to finish early and run out of steam. Should have had the fireworks as the finale...

TBH, the laser people were unlucky with the weather - too good for them. Some clouds or overcast, or at least some wind to get the smoke going would have helped. Shame, really - they were nice little units (900mw?) - plenty of oomph but little wow without smoke or clouds... Wasn't there supposed to be one at 10pm as well? Been freezing my cojones off on the beach for two hours...

I reckon they were probable up in the 1.7 - 1.9W DPSS range, My laser pointer is 240mW!

As an aside to this thread (that looks like it's running out of steam like the Prom entertainment!) I agree with this. I went to see BDS with an open mind and I'm afraid all I saw was a one man show and a pretty repetitive show at that. If they're going to play concerts rather than just record, they should get a drummer and bass player who look slightly interested in what they're doing, learn to break up the relentless fast guitar work every now and then and get themselves someone who can push the guitarist out of the spotlight every now and then - everyone's a music critic, aren't they?:)

Try and come down to the The Gaiety tonight, give them another chance and see what you think. If it's the first time you saw them maybe you will enjoy it more second time, you never know.

The sound in The Gaiety Theatre is just FAB, and it will be a great night - they ran this event last year and it was really really an excellent night. There should be some tickets left in The Gods,

They've got various people joining in tonight, with Christine Collister performing too - and Stone Creation are supporting - a band worth checking out if you havent seen them before.

As an aside to this thread (that looks like it's running out of steam like the Prom entertainment!) I agree with this. I went to see BDS with an open mind and I'm afraid all I saw was a one man show and a pretty repetitive show at that. If they're going to play concerts rather than just record, they should get a drummer and bass player who look slightly interested in what they're doing, learn to break up the relentless fast guitar work every now and then and get themselves someone who can push the guitarist out of the spotlight every now and then - everyone's a music critic, aren't they? :)

I tend to agree with you however I wouldn't be too hard on them. The problem is the singer and guitarist is very proficient, which is a very useful building block if you want to make great music, but not an end in itself. The trouble seems to be that up to now everyone around them appears to be saying to them that they are really great. In fact these are people hankering for an old-time sort of music, but for BDS to be great they need to create their own sound (and there is plenty of potential in Blues Rock for a modern interpretation). That won't happen if they fall back on technical ability and a retro sound to carry them through.

However, there is hope for them. I think they've been quite canny signing to a tiny American label and attempting to tour there. This means rather than being a flash-in-the pan in the UK, which tends to chew up and spit out acts, they have the opportunity to grow. If they are smart and adventurous, in a few years they'll develop into an interesting band.

Thanks for the video clip, Amadeus. The display through the Pokerstars arch was completely missed where we were, quite stunning. I thought there must be more to it than we were seeing.

Slinky, it would have been good to meet you too. However, at the time I was having a major domestic with the lad about having another ride. Perhaps not a good moment!

Two hours freezing on the beach, 15 minutes chaos and focus going into overdrive - all for two minutes 40 of useable footage to catch the moment forever :)

Who are the other 4?

I'm very professional in my stalking. I don't want to give away too much... it could be you though... :ph34r:

Just ask for Rent Boy if ya out n about in the early hours, mostly ramsey,Laxey and Douglas.

after 4.00am

Archived