** Reclaim The Beats **

Dr Fish

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

£5 is fine if you intend to stay all night, but if you are only staying for couple of hours or popping in to see what it's like, £5 is a bit much for some people. I paid to get in Amber £5, Outback £2 and Colours £5, simply because Amber wasn't open late. I would have liked to see the other room open also.

Hmm, having not been there (let alone when you were there) it's difficult to comment really.

Seems like there was a few similar nights on in Douglas this weekend though (from what I've observed on here at least).

Maybe a bit of communication wouldn't go amis in all honesty - it seems to be feast or famine these days really. Bet there's fuck all on next weekend...

I'm not knocking those that put nights on, it really is needed but maybe space them out a bit.

Anyway, from what I've seen, you're not one to stay too long anywhere are you Uni.

:)

EDIT: Oh and fwiw, I paid £6 to get in somewhere last week and the music was not to my taste at all (had to be there though, but that's by the by).

Eh, but by your own account you didn't - you're confusing me now???

From my personal viewpoint, I make a call on what is on and what I want to go to. If it's my scene, I'll stay for the duration. There are exceptions of course (stag nights, birthdays etc - where I may feel obliged to stay somewhere I don't want to be due to family/friends commitments) that aside, I'll choose a night I want to be at due to who's playing or the style of music that's on and stay for the duration.

What gets me is when there's more than one gig offering pretty much the same thing on the same night...

WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?

THE DAYS OF £5 BEING A SIZEABLE SUM OF MONEY ARE LONG GONE! OPEN YOUR EYES GUYS, A PINT IS £3 THESE DAYS SO £5 TO GET INTO A DANCE EVENT IS NOT OVER THE TOP!

WE HAVE TO HIRE THE VENUE £100.00, SOUND SYSTEM ETC £70.00 NOT TO MENTION THE TIME AND EFFORT WE ALL PUT IN TO SET UP AND PUT ON A GOOD NIGHT FOR ALL YOU RAVERS!

I APOLOGISE, IF I MUST, FOR THE BATH SET BUT IT WAS FROM MY WIFE'S (THE PRETTY LADY) MOTHER - CURRENTLY SUFFERING FROM CANCER SO SHE WANTED TO GIVE SOMETHING.

HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL NEXT MONTH!

what a joke.what miserable insane c***s think we are fleecing them?if you had a clue what goes in to putting a party on and how much money any of us have ever made you would find something worthwhile to moan about-like how many people we know are / have died from cancer.do you read the papers?if you do you will know how much money we have raised already over the years for hospice and the iom anti cancer association.if you must slag off a good thing,at least know what you are talking about.

thanks to everyone who showed up to have a good night and not slag it off,hope to see you again next time

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wow! this threads gone off!

Firstly I/We wanna thank all those who turned up for the event, once again we all had a good night and we done our bit towards a great cause, Unfortunately whenever we do something like this whether its charity or not people will always give feedback, a lot of the times its positive and some times its not, but lets make it clear ALL feedback is welcome.

Just to let you know that SOCIAL SECURITY will return soon and with the comments made on the forum, this can only make us a better night in the making.

Good times. :D

Archived