So Which Is The Best Beer Tent Then?

spermann

Sorry, but I havent given the 'other' beertent any of my money, Busheys all the way. Good thing is, all the chavs and troublemakers seem to have been attracted towards the 'other' tent, so it has been much more laid back at the proper tent this year.

Been to the other tent on 4 nights and cant say that i,ve noticed many chavs, seems to be much better run than bushys.

Bushys really need to have a think about some fresh ideas as not only does it smell stale the whole concept is as well.

The other tent would have really benifited from having some live music,but service and beer was much better.Its only my opinion so go easy !!

For the TT to improve, the entertainment side of the whole festival [at least in douglas] needs some fresh ideas.

Went to Bushys tent for the Manx Charity Aid thing before it offically opened, and had a great day. Haven't had the chance to get over that side of the prom since, but went in on Tuesday lunch time for a shandy and it just stank of vomit, it was discusting.

Been to the new Outback tent probably three times as we were at events at the Villa then watching the fireworks last night, and even though it was packed it was quick to get served, it was a good crowd of people in there the security said hello as you walked in, and didn't see any trouble and there were no chavs in the actual beer tent area, but a few hanging around out side it.

Don't know if next year will be busy enough to sustain two tents, but I've heard the OB has the licence with Duke to run the beer tent for the next 5 years so I assume it will be back. I think it suits the older people a bit more as you can talk since there are no bands on there.

Went to Bushys tent for the Manx Charity Aid thing before it offically opened, and had a great day. Haven't had the chance to get over that side of the prom since, but went in on Tuesday lunch time for a shandy and it just stank of vomit, it was discusting.

I've always found that to be the case there. It makes you wonder if the brewery itself has better standards. I wouldn't drink the products myself.

Only went to Bushy's once (due to horific poorness :() and not the other one at all but I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly I was getting served in there each time.

Shame they are making it increasingly difficult to just be on the prom with your own beer without making you a criminal. Was much easier when you could do that and enjoy yourself without bothering anyone or being bothered. Shame that people have obviously behaved in a way that's made them change it all.

Sort of good point but why can't it just be the same rule as normal?

You're allowed to drink on the prom until a copper tells you not to (in theory because they think you're too pissed, being a nuisance etc). I think as long as they keep an eye on it this is great, but they don't check up as much as they should.

Most people if they set off from one tent with a pint in hand wouldn't still have it by the time they maneuver to the other tent I don't think.

Been to the other tent on 4 nights and cant say that i,ve noticed many chavs, seems to be much better run than bushys.

Bushys really need to have a think about some fresh ideas as not only does it smell stale the whole concept is as well.

The other tent would have really benifited from having some live music,but service and beer was much better.Its only my opinion so go easy !!

For the TT to improve, the entertainment side of the whole festival [at least in douglas] needs some fresh ideas.

Been to the new Outback tent probably three times as we were at events at the Villa then watching the fireworks last night, and even though it was packed it was quick to get served, it was a good crowd of people in there the security said hello as you walked in, and didn't see any trouble and there were no chavs in the actual beer tent area, but a few hanging around out side it.

Don't know if next year will be busy enough to sustain two tents, but I've heard the OB has the licence with Duke to run the beer tent for the next 5 years so I assume it will be back. I think it suits the older people a bit more as you can talk since there are no bands on there.

have to agree , will be trying both tents tomorrow so we shall see ..

Met up with some work colleagues tonight 'in the beer tent'. Arrived at Bushy's and no one to be seen. So after a text or two I found them at the Outback beer tent. Very pleasant, we had a few beers and then everyone went their own way. I dropped back into Bushy's for a quick one before home and watched Brazen doing their sound test (good to see Mo Maddrell is still keeping his hand in).

So which was better? I think they each have their own character. I preferred the Villa beer tent because you could hold a sensible conversation, it seemed a bit more civilised, at that time anyway. But Bushy's was a real buzz with the live music, sticky floor and all.

I reckon there is room for both, possibly not for future TTs, but for this one definitely,

Quick atmosphere-comparison from tonight:

White tent - not that busy, with plenty of people looking a bit bored from watching the same show for the x-ed time - or maybe they were still recovering from the witty commentary - no big atmosphere, somehow...

6h3ihja.jpg

Bushy's, a short time later - heaving, loud, crowded and good atmosphere

4kwshhu.jpg

6fj8mqs.jpg

1 : 0 Bushy's on this occasion....

Archived