Coast

Gladys

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I did enjoy Blue Peter in the days of Valerie Singleton and Peter Purvis. But no, I do not read the Daily Mail; if I read a national daily it is the Independent, or very rarely the Grauniad. What conclusion does that make you draw?

Yes, I did enjoy Blue Peter in the days of Valerie Singleton and Peter Purvis. But no, I do not read the Daily Mail; if I read a national daily it is the Independent, or very rarely the Grauniad. What conclusion does that make you draw?

Middle class hippy :)

Bet you wore flowers in your hair.

From the Trailers that I have seen it looks as though it will be more about the Basking Sharks than the Island itself.

Yawn! If I see one more basking shark documentary, I swear I'm gonna start selling basking-shark-burgers next TT.

The island has one of the most interesting coastal history's of the UK: Vikings, RNLI, bird sanctuaries and 500 shipwrecks - as well as Tynwald etc. etc. Which reminds me - if I really wanted to watch plankton and sharks I'd get a pass to sit and watch some of our MHKs inaction for an afternoon.

These sharks are all over the UK and are not unique to the island. More shitty research from the BBC et al.

From the Trailers that I have seen it looks as though it will be more about the Basking Sharks than the Island itself.

Yawn! If I see one more basking shark documentary, I swear I'm gonna start selling basking-shark-burgers next TT.

The island has one of the most interesting coastal history's of the UK: Vikings, RNLI, bird sanctuaries and 500 shipwrecks - as well as Tynwald etc. etc. Which reminds me - if I really wanted to watch plankton and sharks I'd get a pass to sit and watch some of our MHKs inaction for an afternoon.

These sharks are all over the UK and are not unique to the island. More shitty research from the BBC et al.

Pretty much sums up Tynwald: a shipwreck full of sharks

Update !

Just had the latest Radio Times and I quote :-

"Alice Roberts meets a woman with a remarkable story of childhood in the Isle of Mans Internment Camps where "enemy aliens" in Britain were held during the Second World War."

Maybe they had to eat Basking Shark !

Update !

Just had the latest Radio Times and I quote :-

"Alice Roberts meets a woman with a remarkable story of childhood in the Isle of Mans Internment Camps where "enemy aliens" in Britain were held during the Second World War."

Maybe they had to eat Basking Shark !

Seems they are covering Southport to Whitehaven including the Isle of Man, though I think the island could have been a programme in it's own right.

Still, I suppose at least another three UK people will get to learn where the island is. The number of people in the UK, even in the North West, who think the Isle of Man is the Isle of Wight still amazes me.

Said it before and will say it again

The Island from the Air - Boring!!! Got two thirds through and switched it off

The Coast one - again Boring! That too didn't make it to the end

How these can be repeat viewing on a DVD is beyond me.

Said it before and will say it again

The Island from the Air - Boring!!! Got two thirds through and switched it off

The Coast one - again Boring! That too didn't make it to the end

How these can be repeat viewing on a DVD is beyond me.

Attention span of a prat, then? ;)

Archived