Coast

Gladys

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr Film Extra came across like a Father Ted creation ("Here's me with John Malkovich. And here's me with Rowan Atkinson..."); all he needed was a grubby t-shirt saying 'I Shot JR'.

I liked it, some great photography and some good little potted history.

However I too thought "Here's me with...." was about the most cringeworthy piece of tv I have had the misfortune to suffer for a long long time. With lots of other interesting stuff not mentioned I struggled to see why "Mr Look-At-Me" got a mention at all. As a free plug for him it was great but the impression he must have given of the local inhabitants to the UK at large just doesn't bear thinking about....

Would have been better if they'd featured Sir William Hilary & the RNLI instead of the film extra stuff; however, how do you present the IOM in 15 minutes? Overall not bad really.

I think Coast is fairly well watched, plus I have noticed they do those 10 minute excerpts of 'Coast' in between other programmes. You never know - with the mention of all those films/progs and tax-breaks, some producer or director watching might be thinking 'that's a good idea!'.

Perhaps the film extra was a bit dyslexic and thought the programme was about 'Cast'. Some people do anything to be on TV.

That made me laugh Albert!

I thought it was good but do agree with the comments regarding "The Extra" I too thought they might have mentioned Sir William Hilary especially after they showed an aerial shot of the Tower of refuge. Oh well they may come again another day!

Seeing Butchos cooking up the queenies made me realize how much I miss his cooking!

I struggled to see why "Mr Look-At-Me" got a mention at all. As a free plug for him it was great but the impression he must have given of the local inhabitants to the UK at large just doesn't bear thinking about....

Well I have been living away from the island for some 20 years now and I am always telling workmates etc about my "home" and I am so embarrassed to go into work tomorrow cos I know I am gonna get ribbed about the islands' film extra!!!!! I hope everyone doesn't think he is a typical manx fella!

One thing I am surprised no-one here yet mentioned was when the scottish guy was giving a brief about the history of the IOM on his journey over and said it was not part of the UK, and at the end of the manx bit he said, "NOw back to the mainland!!" I expected uproar on here!

waits.........

the scottish guy was giving a brief about the history of the IOM on his journey over and said it was not part of the UK, and at the end of the manx bit he said, "NOw back to the mainland!!" I expected uproar on here!

I think earlier on he said the IOM was in the centre of the UK, which it isn't. Think he may have meant British Isles. The mainland bit did grate a bit. Perhaps they're saving some bits, like Hillary / RNLI, for another season?

I enjoyed it. Did notice while they were talking about the internment camps they showed an aerial view of a white 3 legs on a hill somewhere. Not seen this before.

Anyone know where this is?

I enjoyed it. Did notice while they were talking about the internment camps they showed an aerial view of a white 3 legs on a hill somewhere. Not seen this before.

Anyone know where this is?

Tis in Peel, set in the bank just above the path which runs above and parallel to the bowling green/skate place on the prom...if that makes sense! Never noticed it myself til I was walking along there a few weeks ago...

Archived