Mannin Line

GI James

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry folks - but I'm sworn to staying schtum until the 'new season' of programmes starts on Monday.

There's a lot of work gone into this by a number of people, so it wouldn't be fair or proper to pre-empt that by posting here right now!

A personal request from me: listen to the station ALL next week (especially if you're a regular MR listener) before making your mind up whether you like the way it sounds. Then post away here and let us know what you think.

I'll gladly convey positive or negative comments to the boss after that.

Stu

I'll gladly convey positive or negative comments to the boss after that.

Stu

Reading between the lines, I reckon Mr. Peters is not particularly happy about the proposed new scheduling - he wants you to listen to it - and then let management know you are not happy.

But whatever they do, Manx Radio cannot win. The changes will cause an uproar, because the listening public just do not like change.

The downside for me is that I will have to revert to listening to You and Yours, the worst programme on Radio 4.

But I got through the dark days of Does he Take Sugar, and In Touch - I can cope....

The downside for me is that I will have to revert to listening to You and Yours, the worst programme on Radio 4.

Good Grief! You're not really 'Beasty' are you? She said exactly the same thing on Friday!

I wonder if anyone stays with Manx Radio for the bulk of their radio listening?

I retune to Jeremy Vine's Programme (12 to 2 weekdays) after Mannin Line but could just as easily change channels after the news.

Love Steve Wright's Show (from 2pm) especially if it's featuring Ask Elvis which absolutely creases me up.

PS

Did I hear Stu announce that Friday's show was his last Mannin Line?

As someone who knows both a few Manx Radio amd the new 3FM presenters. I, for fairness value, tuned into 3FM.

I found the Mike Reynolds slot really good as He doe's a bit more talking than the others. Always have and still think he's really good. As for the rest, it sounds like listening to a CD.

As for Manx Radio, i think it's got better over the years and still gives an all round set of programmes that siuts most people.

Even Sue Richardson got better. ( I remember " Afternoon Delight" and" It's Raining Again " everytime it bloody rained).

As for Stu Peters, I think it is very comendable He comes on here and lets people know what's going on. At least give the guy a chance.

Archived