Mannin Line

GI James

As for Stu Peters, I think it is very comendable He comes on here and lets people know what's going on. At least give the guy a chance.

And that why he gets the best kebabs

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll gladly convey positive or negative comments to the boss after that.

Couple of initial comments Stu

Why do I have to buy a newspaper to find Manx Radio's programme list? Your own website would be the obvious place, but that's out of date and gives the old programme schedule.

Which idiot thought up the "honk your car horn in tune to a hornpipe"?

Have they read the highway code?

The horn. Use only while your vehicle is moving and you need to warn other road users of your presence. Never sound your horn aggressively. You MUST NOT use your horn

* while stationary on the road

EDIT: Scratch this... cleaned my cache out... a few changes... make the cameras update quicker though ;)

Stu... seeing as I infer you come from the station... is there any thoughts or plans to make the station available via Sky Radio for us main landers ?

Cheers

Terran

Had a peek at the programmes listings on their webpage.

All ' coming soon' and no real info yet. Aren't they ready or what?

Is there any additional info available on the web anywhere?

"Wanting to build on the station's strengths" says Mr Pugh. How about a few clues as to exactly what's going to be on?

The downside for me is that I will have to revert to listening to You and Yours, the worst programme on Radio 4.

Good Grief! You're not really 'Beasty' are you? She said exactly the same thing on Friday!

No I am not Beastie.

Apparently there is to be no Mannin Line.

Therefore I will NEVER need to listen to Manx Radio again.

I used to listen to Radio 4 all day, except for the Mannin Line. An excellent programme, despite some of the callers, and far more interesting than You and Yours.

Here's the exciting agenda I will be listening to today, instead of Wilf and co

"Cracking down on cloned cars. Forget Holby City - we speak to some of the people who saw an operation for real last night. And health minister Stephen Ladyman addresses your autism concerns"

I'm so excited, I can't wait until 12.....

Just noticed, all the clocks are wrong on the web cams, the sudio cam hung at around 0730 and the page name for the main site ( in the blue bar ) is "Untitled Document" - I do like the montarge at the top the page though... captured a lot of the manx highlights.

Terran ( Hope that helps rather than been critical )

Ugh! Got the new site.

The Programme Schedule page is a laugh the way it jitters about when you mouse over some of the programmes

..later - the whole site seems to have the mouse over jitters :D

"Untitled Document" probably isn't the best title tag I've ever seen either

Ugh! Got the new site.

The Programme Schedule page is a laugh the way it jitters about when you mouse over some of the programmes

..later - the whole site seems to have the mouse over jitters  :D

"Untitled Document" probably isn't the best title tag I've ever seen either

I think they are reading this as we post... less than 5 mins of posting about the cache prob it got mentioned... then the web cam just above been frozen has also just been metioned saying its off line because the presenter is wandering around the station....

Interactive radio - love it :)

Terran

The mouse over jitters are worse if your broswer isn't set full screen. Mine's generally about 800 or so pixels wide and whole sections of some pages jump around when you mouse over them. Don't know why they change the font size when you mouse over, it's asking for trouble

The personal profiles are in depth lol.... Old Git... by any chance are you another web designer ? We seem to be picking up those sort of things... like the moving text.

PS The web cams buttons... the bay cam does not move but the studio cam button does... strange.

Who does the site for them ?

Terran

Old Git... by any chance are you another web designer ? We seem to be picking up those sort of things... like the moving text.

I was involved in some sites back in the 90's

If the page width is just right you can get some sections of text to jump by about 1" which is a bit hard to miss

Archived