Manxbands

Slim

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well they were trying to move server. And Oogie was, during TT week, taking it offline to clean it out a little, thats why it kept going off I think. So presumably, there has been a fuck up when moving to the new server. Bah, even though theres plenty off people on it with access to servers, so we could of had a temporary site..

Manxbands seems to have disapeared off dns, anyone know whats up?

There is a new forum ready, I don't know the details of what happened to the old one but it died before it was moved, hence the lengthy period of downtime.

We are just waiting on getting the DNS switched to the new forum and some final checks on the setup of it but it should be available in the very near future. I'll repost here once it's ready.

Most likely, due to the way that forums work with the security etc. (particularly the one that was previously used) it makes it very hard to move users between different brands of forums. We were thinking of automatically creating users who had posted in the last 30 days and setting random passwords for them but I'm not sure what method of contact the admins had for everyone.

I get the impression that when the forum disappeared it "disappeared" as in no longer exists ... not sure if there is any recent backup of it or anything like that.

It's not always a bad thing to have a fresh and clean start is it ?

It's not always a bad thing to have a fresh and clean start is it ?

Nope - a new and better Forum it will hopefully be - lets all try and keep any squabbling out of the new one eh - constructive criticism should be the way to go :)

There's some nice features on the new one, Band Representatives can post events in the calendar and it will automatically create a thread on the Gigs board. All events in the next 7 days from the calendar are shown on the hope page.

Its a shame to lose any of it, but time to look forward.

Anyway, in light of the fact that the DNS may not get changed in the very near future we have taken the decission to launch the site under a temporary URL. Once the DNS gets changed the website will work on both URLs.

You can find the new forum at http://manxbands.felikz.net/

The forum has "Karma" so be nice to each other !!

Archived