Forza 2 Manx League

Shill

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There will be none of that in this ere league. Were not playing burnout :)

u better ban leeiom then before we even start!!

I dont think i have got thru a race yet without one bit of my car missing due to lee "u took my line" iom.... :lol:

There will be none of that in this ere league. Were not playing burnout :)

u better ban leeiom then before we even start!!

I dont think i have got thru a race yet without one bit of my car missing due to lee "u took my line" iom.... :lol:

sorry for not joining in last nite, just wanted to get some practice in.

What's the deal with online racing, can you only use cars that you have in your garage, or like PGR3 do you have a massive list of cars you can choose from?

sorry for not joining in last nite, just wanted to get some practice in.

What's the deal with online racing, can you only use cars that you have in your garage, or like PGR3 do you have a massive list of cars you can choose from?

You can do both, if you have cars with your own decals on etc you can use that, or there is usually a wide choice for each category, some of which you have to unlock.

And i take this personal slur against my good name quite personal, but if you have the need to ban me before we even start, then so be it.

I found lee and spanna quite fair drivers, it was just the other tosser that wasn't. There's always going to be a little bit of argy bargy, and in my case anyway it's never intentional it's just the way it goes sometimes when you're racing bumper to bumper.

Some situations are unavoidable, but if someone is blatently passing you down a straight you don't shut the door on them and run them off the track.

I'm finding it extremely hard to find either a script I can install or a website we can put our league onto at the moment.

I dont really want to do it all manually :)

In terms of format we will have 10 divisions for each class of car so that is as follows, plus an overall leaderboard.

Class D

Class C

Class B

Class A

Class S

Class U

Class R4

Class R3

Class R2

Class R1

Is Wednesday Night ok for everyone, say 8pm to 10pm ? We can either start tomorrow or next wednesday, let me know.

What I envisage is I put up 5 class races per week, I will do a schedule detailing which course, classes and how many laps.

Grand Prix Points will be allocated.

So this will be as follows

1st - 10 points

2nd - 8 points

3rd - 6 points

4th - 5 points

5th - 4 points

6th - 3 points

7th - 2 points

8th - 1 point

At the end of it all we could have a game of cat and mouse on the Nurnberg Ring, teams of 2, one player in a R1 car and the other in a D class car. The first D class car to cross the winning line is the winning team. The R1 car has to defend their partners D class car to the finish line.

Feedback welcome.

If you're given the option of choosing from a list then I've found in this game it's a massive list, I think the way they display the cars isn't great for selecting one (unless I've missed something), it takes me forever to choose one.

Normally from what I've seen the races are split into categories and you can either choose a car from the list that fits that category or use your own car if it fits that category. I don't know how the upgrades will affect the categorization though, as you don't want to start a race which can fit the category but is fully maxed out.

If possible it would be ideal for us to use our own cars so long as we know what category we should be aiming for and some research needs to be done as to what upgrade restrictions there are if any and how we're to deal with this to make it a fair race.

Yeah good idea, we can keep it to the first 4 catagorys to start with, theres more than enough cars for people to use.

We can bring in the S,U and R class races later.

I had a sneaky feeling this was going to run on a wednesday nite! There's me just joined our company football team for the small business league, yep guess which nite the games are on! <_<

The format sounds good, looks like I'm gonna have to get a bit more time in to get my cars up to scratch, i've been having fun just trying to throw as much power into a Mini-Cooper S as possible! haha ;)

Just to throw an idea into the pot, how about we do teams of 2. So each race would be 4 teams of 2. Same points structure. So if one of the team comes 1st and the other last your team would get a total of 11 points for the race ?

Call me vein but I think it would be nice to use our own cars and if it's teams we design our own team livery etc?

Progressing from the Manx League we could always enter other matches then in the future?

Thursday night is also fine with me, it's only nights I have to work late I won't be around but I could never say when that would be.

I found lee and spanna quite fair drivers, it was just the other tosser that wasn't. There's always going to be a little bit of argy bargy, and in my case anyway it's never intentional it's just the way it goes sometimes when you're racing bumper to bumper.

Some situations are unavoidable, but if someone is blatently passing you down a straight you don't shut the door on them and run them off the track.

I gotta admit, i aint the greatest of drivers, and i pretty much guarntee coming last in most races... so if you are thinking of teams be warned i could be holding people back....

As for the argy bargy, i do tend to play a bit rough (sometimes!) to some peoples displeasure, but sometimes i just see it as part of the course, if you take someone out on one race (accidental or not) it does tend to come around to you one way or another.

I should be ok to race most nights, i just need to ensure the blouse is kept entertained elsewhere, but its only one evening per week :)

Archived