Palatine Health Centre

Last Ten

Just read this article on Manx Radios website about the possible relocation of the Palatine Health Centre to possibly some land at the rear of Nobles Park!

I therefore have just a couple of questions that someone with a bit more know than me can help with;

What has this Health Centre got to do with Douglas Corporation?

What will be the benefits to all the ratepayers of Douglas?

Does the Henry Bloom Noble trust know about this idea that is being brought to our attention by the so called leader of the Corporation via Manx Radio this morning?

Lastly, is it anything to do with Douglas Corporation where all these Doctors operate from?

Last 10

Edited due to another spelling mistake!!!!

Douglas Corporation represents its residenst. Douglas residents registered with Palatine are concerned about proposed moves to a site out near the new hospital. Douglas councillors representing their ratepayers ae suggesting alternative sites, one of which they own.

A doctors surgery can be no different than a grandstand or cattery or cafe or rugby club bar and changing rooms or the Hailwood centre or the DTL events promotion offices, or even a camp site vacant most of year or a bowls club, the land can be leased for building or a building erected and then leased or rented.

I'nm no longer sure which bits of the area at the park and grandstand is subject to the Noble Trusts and vested in Douglas Corporation, which is DTL land, and which might be Douglas Corporation land not part of the Nobles Trust. Remember the Villa, another asset of the trust, was transferred to DTL

Sounds like a better bet for the town residents registered with Palatine and maybe, for once, local and central government threatening to work together for the good of all.

In fact it seems to me to be the sort of local issue that councillors and DHSS acting as a health authority should deal with and not involve national politicians. What would it be to do with them?

Archived