[BBC News] Fly-tippers 'to act responsibly'

Newsbot

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i hear the tip has been made free to all areas now is this true?

that could be one step to getting people to dispose more sensibly

but lets be honest we need to be recycling more of our stuff not just tipping it

Yes, you don't need a permit, just ID to show you are Manx resident (anywhere).

There do need to be improved recycling facilities (plastic bottles and cardboard spring to mind) but when you have a hungry Noo-Noo at the bottom of Richmond Hill to feed, recycling becomes less of a priority in the overall waste management policy (if we have one).

_43036083_getty.jpg

The worst-hit areas are behind rented flats

Where's this? Calcutta? Post-Katrina New Orleans? Demanse Road?

I didn't read the article as I heard the piece on MR this morning. That is obviously a picture library picture and the BBC should be taken to task for attaching it to their article implying that is representative of the problem.

Well it has Getty Images name on it, and I cannot think of anywhere that looks remotely like that (with the concrete wall). Perhaps the extent of the IOM problem is worse than that, but at least put up an actual picture of the problem not some library image of discarded rubbish.

for instance hows about citing cardboard recycling stations next too the bottle banks......

But I don't think they can re-cycle cardboard, paper is fine, but not cardboard.

Cardboard can be recycled.

There isn't any real profit in recycling cardboard however.

for instance hows about citing cardboard recycling stations next too the bottle banks......

But I don't think they can re-cycle cardboard, paper is fine, but not cardboard.

Cardboard can be recycled.

There isn't any real profit in recycling cardboard however.

Cardboard can be recycled, but the facility to do so doesn't exist here. If you have cardboard you are told to put it in the skips for the incinerator.

Archived