[BBC News] Fly-tippers 'to act responsibly'

Newsbot

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, you don't need a permit, just ID to show you are Manx resident (anywhere).

I suppose this system is designed to stop all those people from the UK and Ireland who are willing to pay hundreds of pounds to ship their rubbish just to dump it here, with the added advantage that it employs yet another pointless government bureaucrat sticking his nose into our business monitoring what we are doing - whilst encouraging all our visitors to fly tip. 'Joined up government thinking' in action.

I quite like finding rubbish that someone has fly tipped over here. Both times, the silly little shits have deumped something with their name and address on it (Printer Box, and Prescription medicine) so I set the rozzers on them :D

Never seen them getting done the the papers though :/

Cardboard can be recycled, but the facility to do so doesn't exist here. If you have cardboard you are told to put it in the skips for the incinerator.

Ask Buck and Doxbond

Both local companies that bail and ship the cardboard across to be recycled elsewhere.

Although you're right in a sense that there isn't a facility for people to put cardboard into recycling bins like Glass bottles, Aluminimum cans and Newspapers etc.

for instance hows about citing cardboard recycling stations next too the bottle banks......

But I don't think they can re-cycle cardboard, paper is fine, but not cardboard.

Cardboard CAN be recycled and IS recycled all over the world,

Any packaging that has the recycling logo on can be recycled, In Europe packaging must be taken back by companies,

IOM is years behind the times and needs a proper Waste Management Unit with a policy that covers all aspects of reduction-recycling and re-use,

Common sense is needed here. If the cost of recycling is comparable to producing new, recycling is the way to go. The danger, (especially living on a little Island) is that the transportation costs can make recycling not viable.

I'd love to be able to return packaging to the company who supplied the product. Me thinks prices of said products might increase though to cover this extra cost!

Does the amenity site in Douglas take sofas, mattresses etc or do I have to sneak up to Marine Drive in the dead of night and chuck them over the cliff?

If it will go in the huge skips they have and is burnable, they will take it.

Does the amenity site in Douglas take sofas, mattresses etc or do I have to sneak up to Marine Drive in the dead of night and chuck them over the cliff?

If it will go in the huge skips they have and is burnable, they will take it.

Gladys, the dump expert!

Archived