Mountain Road Closed For 2 Weeks

WilDDog

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you want to moan about bad roads go and live in England for a while and you will see really bad roads.m You don't know you're born some of you. FFS

Yes of course, none of us have ever lived or driven in England have we! :rolleyes:

Try driving along the main road into Port Erin, or perhaps round the one way system in Pt St Mary just off the top of my head and then telling me you think the standard of the roads here is acceptable.

Some of them are, yes. But too many of them aren't.

If you want to moan about bad roads go and live in England for a while and you will see really bad roads.m You don't know you're born some of you. FFS

Yes of course, none of us have ever lived or driven in England have we! :rolleyes:

Try driving along the main road into Port Erin, or perhaps round the one way system in Pt St Mary just off the top of my head and then telling me you think the standard of the roads here is acceptable.

Some of them are, yes. But too many of them aren't.

Major roadworks have commenced in port st mary, to be honest, the road here isn't that bad. The road which I noticed along where I drive that is the worst is the one by the grandstand heading towards onchan (they might of fixed it by now but anyway..). They did "roadworks" on it, and it was just a patch up job. It was a terrible job, it ended out much more bumpy then to start with! I haven't drove along there in a few weeks, I hope they have fixed it.

Another bad spot is by rushen abbey, where they have attempted to put speedbumps. They put two sets down, the dug up one and re-tarmacked it and then dug up the other set as the concrete underneath it wasn't hard enough. Surely they should of tested that before? What a waste of money.

You should try driving or riding on Bowring road in Ramsey that really has to be the worst road on the Island. This is the main road to the hospital, doctors, dentists and the main road out of town for those who live in Andreas, Jurby and Bride.

You should try driving or riding on Bowring road in Ramsey that really has to be the worst road on the Island. This is the main road to the hospital, doctors, dentists and the main road out of town for those who live in Andreas, Jurby and Bride.

A hospital that's never open though, so it doesn't matter. And who goes to the doctors anyway? The elderly, kids and pregnant women, none of who can/should be allowed to drive and it serves you right for living in Andreas, Jurby or Bride, come on, be reasonable. Same with the roads down south, who ever goes down there? The elderly and parents with kids on days out (and they use the train). Who cares? As long as the mountain has the best road on the island and we can charge over at well over 100mph with the DoT safe in the knowledge that no-one can sue them because of the surface condition. I mean, since 'they' knocked down/sold/closed anything entertaining to do in Douglas, the only thing to do at the weekend is zoom over the mountain and back for kicks.

Archived