Barrymore's Pool

Lonan3

BBC NEWS LINK

Police investigating the death of a man at the former home of Michael Barrymore have arrested three men on suspicion of murder and serious sexual assault.

Stuart Lubbock, 31, was found by the swimming pool at the house in Roydon, near Harlow, Essex, in March 2001.

One man was arrested in north-west England, a second was arrested in the Midlands, and a third in London.

Essex Police said the men were aged 37, 32 and 55 but would not confirm Michael Barrymore, who is 55, was among them.

Six years later - is justice going to be done at last?

Avoiding the huge scope for puns and witticisms, I just don't get this case. It happened six years' ago, there has been an investigation, Barrymore has been questioned, a civil court case, a father that looked like he would tear same chap limb from limb, then they end up best pals and now the father is, apparently, relieved that arrests have been made including said fellow.

It just doesn't add up; is there the whiff of filthy lucre about?

There was a whiff of filthy lucre about this a couple of years ago as the father felt that he had been set up by the papers and Barrymore when Barrymore was trying to restore some sort of reputaion. From memory what was meant to be a private meeing was not and it was used by Barrymore/The Papers to try and show that they were on friendly terms which was not really the case.

In this case like any other I would like to see Justice for the guilty parties if any and the innocent parties. I do not think the Father has ever suggested that Barrymore is Guilty of murder but purely that Barrymore knows what happened that night. Believing this he is very aggrieved that Barrymore has apparently not disclosed this. From Memory I think Barrymore eventually turned up at the inquest but at the time he was living in New Zealand and he gave every indication that he did so only under duress and then was less than frank. I think for a long time he gave every indication that he was not going to give any evidence at the inquest. To me in this case Barrymore has never given much indication that he was being particularly helpful and for that I have little respect for him. It does not mean he is guilty of some of the inuendo.

As for the time scale, well if new evidence has arisen then the case should be re investigated as ultimately we should all want Justice to prevail for both innocent & Gulity parties and also the victims

Avoiding the huge scope for puns and witticisms, I just don't get this case. It happened six years' ago, there has been an investigation, Barrymore has been questioned, a civil court case, a father that looked like he would tear same chap limb from limb, then they end up best pals and now the father is, apparently, relieved that arrests have been made including said fellow.

It just doesn't add up; is there the whiff of filthy lucre about?

Couldn't agree more, Lost Login. Justice must be done. Just shows you how much influence the press can have, in terms of public perception of a particular matter. Neither pro Barrymore, nor against him really, but something is still not sitting right, in my view.

Archived