Mf (famous Person) Spotting .....

Minxie

741cg6.jpg

Well I've seen this guy on the steam packet and he knows more celebrities then any of you. He has pictures of them all. Rowan Atkinson, Patrick Swayze, John Malkovich and more! For christ sake this man has danced in a local night club with Blenda Blethyn!

Very good research slinkydevil, finding a photo of Film Extra.

That's the best post all year.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seen Hodgson and Toseland over here, Damon Hill at Gatwick, and even met Brian Jacks at school (remember him, winner of Superstars in the late 70')

I've been tooted at by Gordon Kaye after cutting him up, and once came very close to running over Mathew Kelly in London. Just a foot more and I would have had him....

I was once on a flight from Heathrow with Chris Evans. We were forced to sit on the tarmac for an extra 15 mins because he wanted to finish his sandwich first and when he boarded he was greeted to a fairly universal muttering of "Twat" and "Wanker".

I think I must walk around with my eyes closed. Even Norman Wisdom had to wave and pretend to fall over to get me to notice him.

My friend served John Malcovich in Ramsey Shoprite. She had no idea who he was and asked him repeatedly if he had a clubmann card. He stared at her blankly until he answered "no". Shame on him, I bet Johnny Depp had one.

Jeremy Clarkson

I used to work up the Creg years back and JC and his wife came in for Sunday lunch.

They had recently acquired an adorable new puppy (black labrador I think) which must of gotten a little overexcited while they were eating as by the time they had finished (they were the last to leave and certainly took their time!) the wee doggy had decided to let off an enormous shit grenade all over the back of their car!

Like I said - adorable :lol:

JC then came in and explained this and gave us that look of i'm far too famous to clean up by own puppy poop... and so we passed him a ton of blue paper roll, a bucket and a sponge. We also came out to "supervise" aswell !! :devil:

Newcastle United

Was staying with one of my good chums in Ireland a few years back - we were in one of the local drinking establishments having a few "quiet" beers and wondered why when a large group of blokes came in why the young ladies in the bar seem to gravitate that way. I personally didnt have a clue as not an overly big footy fan and after running out of tabs had to barge past them all, stepping on a few toes and elbowing a few out of the way in the process, in order to get to the fag machine. After repeating the process on the way back was a little concerned by the look on my friend's face who up until this point hadn't mentioned that it was the entire NUFC apparently over for a friendly match with the local club. Oops. Oh well.

Andy Sirkis

Saw him wandering along Strand Street the other month looking like he'd just been mountain biking.

Michael Schwimmer

He was bumming around outside Fiesta "Ripoff" Havana awaiting some filming

well on the island i have seen- 2 of the baldwin brothers- having coffee in costa coffee. Nearly knocked over the guy from Buffy (dont know his name) on the prom. Norman wisdom- numerous occasions around the island and through work. Then when i worked in Glasgow- i worked for a company called Scottish Screen, and i met Dougray Scott- i didnt know who he was- he wasnt happy that i didnt know who he was either! My boss was a lady called Claire Chapman- who was number 25 in Scotlands most eligible women- she was head of production for the last king of scotland. Then at our christmas party, i met Ford Kiernan and Greg Hemphill (and got a card on our wedding day from them!), Karen Dunbar, Jane McGarry,most of the Balamory guys n gals. Ewan Mcgregor, i also have met some of the guys thats in Me Too (a kiddies programme-with Jane McGarry as Granny Murray) a lot of these people wont mean anything if youve never seen still game or chewin the fat.

Had a beer with Johnny Vegas in Breeze, seen John Malcovic in Bar Logo, Mel B upstairs in Breeze, Nigel Mansell at Ramsey golf club (and asked for autograph lol), Goldie coming out of body shop, served Steve Hislop (R.I.P) in Robinsons, Kevin Woodford several times in strand street, and thats about it.

Loads off Island but thats another story.

Ah if we're talking about local celebs, then I certainly know Steve Hislop! :)

Father of my nephews. Really nice guy he was!

Just remembered another - Nikki Sanderson off Coronation Street, spotted in the Trafford Centre

I saw Johnny Vegas on the prom with a pint early in the morning when he was over. I remember thinking it was a bit early for a pint really - these crazy celebs!

Met Fred Dibna at a steam fair here several years back, he was a great bloke and could talk for England. Norman Wisdom was a great laugh when he used to come shopping in the shop I worked in. Met Johnny Vagas in in pub, he was P*ssed as usual, and once saw Julie Andrews very drunk in Mount Murray. Also Molly Sugden in Laxey and met David Jason on the prom in Douglas.

Archived