Mf (famous Person) Spotting .....

Minxie

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was sat outside the queens years ago, and Lee Evans walked past. I got my daughter to run up to him and ask for his autogragh, she was only bout 4, she could hardly say the word. But he was really lovely to her, gave her a really nice message on the autogragh too. I've got it laminated, for when she's old enough to know who he is

JC has a Ford GT40, the 40 stands for 40 inches high, (even though I believe these latest ones are 44 inches) so they have bugger all ground clearance.

I think because of that, the new ones are simply called the Ford GT not the GT40.

There might have been something like they sold the original design so they couldn't call it the same thing anyway, but I may have imagined that!

Was sat outside the queens years ago, and Lee Evans walked past. I got my daughter to run up to him and ask for his autogragh, she was only bout 4, she could hardly say the word. But he was really lovely to her, gave her a really nice message on the autogragh too. I've got it laminated, for when she's old enough to know who he is

By the time she's old enough to know, nobody will remember.

Off Island I've seen a few famous people. I've seen Gail and Audrey from Coronation Street (separately) in Manchester city centre, but you would expect to see them there. I nearly went up to Audrey to say "Hiya Audrey", thinking I recognised her from the Isle of Man, until I remembered she's not real but on the telly and I hurried past. That would have been mighty embarrassing.

And once in a student nightclub in Manchester, I saw a bloke who looked familiar and I said to my friend, "That bloke looks like Terry Christian, only really small." It was Terry Christian and he was really small. I know he looks small on the telly but he was so small in real life that I don't even think he could reach the bar.

About 6 weeks ago we were sitting in the local pub when the missus started annoying me by whispering "Ask the bloke sitting next to you if he's Les Battersby, I'm sure he is" etc etc etc. Of course I refused as everyone has a right to a bit of space in their local pub. Having said that he and his table were really knocking it back but they were a good laugh and nice to chat with. A couple of days later we called in and he was there again so she asked a barmaid who confirmed it was indeed Les Battersby from Coronation Street which surprised me as it was 7:20 pm leaving him only 10 minutes to get there before the program started. We haven't seen him since as it appears he is now ensconsed in some institute known only as "The Priory". It was later reported that he is no longer wanted on Corrie because of a drink problem - which doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

• 3 months later...

Ok, thread necromancy ahoy, but this one is too good to miss out on.

I was stood in work this afternoon (Little Co-Op in Ramsey) and in walks Russel Grant, of astrology fame. Now, considering his "Celebrity Fit Club" background, what does he buy? Not just one, but two pies.

The irony nearly killed me ;)

Chris Walker - the year he went to Superbikes. In brum of all places. Nice bloke to chat to.

Micheal Crawford in an offy in Woburn, very preoccupied buying some wine.

Met Jeremy Clarkson in The Garrison a couple of years back - we were very drunk and eventually he said hi and I had a pic taken with him - he is massive! But very down to earth and a really nice guy.

Archived