Mf (famous Person) Spotting .....

Minxie

Ok, thread necromancy ahoy, but this one is too good to miss out on.

I was stood in work this afternoon (Little Co-Op in Ramsey) and in walks Russel Grant, of astrology fame. Now, considering his "Celebrity Fit Club" background, what does he buy? Not just one, but two pies.

The irony nearly killed me ;)

Only the two pies. Did he look ill?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems like everybody has met Jeremy Clarkson, including myself !,

Worked on his house at langness and was sat there drinking coffee with him and "Malcolm Teare"in his kitchen , after about fifteen minutes of J/C boring me shitless talking about his new six wheel drive nissan

,I do recall saying "To be honest Jeremy if you're not talking about fishing I'm not really interested"

Needless to say it didn't go down to well!

Only person I have seen on the island, was Mike Brewer during the TT. Dressed in the obligatory biker leathers when he probably didn't even have a bike with him! I nearly missed him, it was my mate who pointed him out. He had passed that close I even missed the chance to trip him up! Opportunity gone... :D

In Scotland, used to live across the road from Scottish footballer Derek Whyte. (Before he started playing for Celtic, and earned some money to move somewhere posher!) He also played for Aberdeen, Middlesborough, and ended up joint player/manager with Partick Thistle. He now turns up as a pundit on Scottish football programmes from time to time.

Player and manager Mark McGhee (Aberdeen, Newcastle Utd, Celtic, Leicester, Wolves, Reading) used to be my mum and dads milk delivery boy. (Not their personal one, he did deliver to the whole street :cool: ). Although I was probably only born as he left the job, so can't claim to have actually met or remember him.

While waiting in the security queue at Heathrow a few years ago, who didn't walk by but the Government garden gnome Robin Cook!

Rugby player Jonah Lomau walked by our table in our staff canteen. I worked at an insurance company at the time, who sponsored a team called The Barbarians. The players were visiting for a function this particular day. Couldn't believe the height and bulk of that guy.

I spent a couple of hours last night sat in the Gaeity watching Sean Hughes (and most of that time was spent 'lol'ing). Then went to that Norman Wisdom bar for a few beers. After a while someone pointed out that the bloke stood next to me was Mr. Hughes. I wouldn't have recognised him otherwise.

Saw this lot all at the same time in Manchester Airport whilst awaiting a flight back to the Island (Just been to Florida and they cancelled my early flight at 7am, had to wait around til 2pm)

ricky_whittle_170.jpgjustinburton_170.jpg0b1538b1-bc70-49e5-9d57-8a9b8cb88687.jpg0fc02232-6d43-4e42-bf8d-5c4394d8542e.jpgced2d32f-eb14-4f7d-8cbf-a09ede8b36a3.jpgbbdbe0e2-741b-4408-a19f-5912d8379178.jpg3b4809f0-f92f-409d-a0f1-be879d39dbe4.jpg

The two guys from Hollyoaks were off to Tenerife and the ladies from Coronation St were off somewhere like Prague (didn't ask, just overheard)

Saw this lot all at the same time in Manchester Airport whilst awaiting a flight back to the Island (Just been to Florida and they cancelled my early flight at 7am, had to wait around til 2pm)

The two guys from Hollyoaks were off to Tenerife and the ladies from Coronation St were off somewhere like Prague (didn't ask, just overheard)

I managed to avoid half the cast of hollyoaks by not going to a 'celebrity' football match last weekend in my town. Phew.

I once saw Ossie Ardilles outside Harrods

I once saw Jeff Banks moaning about cigars in Milan airport

My boyfriend once patted Josh Lewsey on the back after a Wasps match and said 'well played Josh' in a really girly high pitched fan type voice (at least that's how I remember it), something which I've never stopped taking the piss out of and have now immortalised on the interweb.

ricky_whittle_170.jpgjustinburton_170.jpg0b1538b1-bc70-49e5-9d57-8a9b8cb88687.jpg0fc02232-6d43-4e42-bf8d-5c4394d8542e.jpgced2d32f-eb14-4f7d-8cbf-a09ede8b36a3.jpgbbdbe0e2-741b-4408-a19f-5912d8379178.jpg3b4809f0-f92f-409d-a0f1-be879d39dbe4.jpg

Are they famous, then? I don't know any of them.

Archived