Mf (famous Person) Spotting .....

Minxie

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the island, saw Sir Norman too many times to remember in Ramsey, bumped into John Rhys Davies, physically, in Barclays Bank in Ramsey and again a couple of months later outside St. Paul's Bookshop. Saw Billy Boyd (Pippin from Lord of ths Rings) in a car driving through Ramsey.

In Peel, saw Nick Griffin (leader of the BNP) and burly minder buying an ice-cream in Davisons, Andy Kershaw a number of times, Andrea Corr.

Also once saw Giles Brandreth at Ronaldsway.

When I lived in Liverpool I saw Paul Robinson out of neighbours in Church Street, Yaphet Kotto (from Alien) in Williamson Square, Iggy Pop at the Planet X club, Pete Wylie in various clubs, Pete Burns (when he used to work in Probe Records, and once stood behind Elvis Costello in a queue at a bank.

Once saw the actor Ian Hart (Prof. Quirrell from Harry Potter etc.) in W.H. Smith

Also used to see lots of the cast of Brookside, including once seeing Anna Friel and mates at the roller rink that used to be at the festival gardens.

I once sat next to Frank Sidebottom on the Mersey Ferry and once had actress Gillian Kearney (when she was about 16) smiling and making eyes at me across a crowded room at a Frank Sidebottom concert in Liverpool University's Haig Building..

In the late 70s/early 80s my uncle lived in a commune near Liverpool's Sefton Park with a lot of actors from Liverpool's Everyman Theatre and I used to visit him quite often. Some of the people there at the time included Pete Postlethwaite, Julie Walters, Henry Kelly, Bill Nighy, Kevin Lloyd.

Also saw more Liverpool players than you shake a stick at and Howard Kendal having a drink (there's a novelty) in the bar of the Winslow Pub.

Further afield, saw Bradley Walsh in Manchester Airport looking quite pissed off.

Also once saw Gary Rhodes crossing a street in that London.

On the IOM: Nigel Mansell, Roy Castle, Princess Anne, Keith Chegwin, Danced with Frank Bruno when i was about 10 (he stood on my toe!) Pam Eyers, Buster Blood Vestle ( i think that was his name) Norman W.

In Blackpool: Gary Barlow pushed in front of us on the Alice In Wonderland ride.

In L'pool: Bruce Grob.

In the air :Sting, the lady off star treck who was bald with a gem on her neck and Jim from the bill

In Uk: Tosh Lyons from the bill, getting money out of auto teller (years ago)

In Australia: Kylie M. Jason D. Guy P, Craig M (old neighbours stars & singer) Toady (current neighbour star) Harold from neighbours - Met him at my local shops, i thought i knew him and was trying to work out where over a coffee with him till he pointed out he was on the TV every night! I live 10 mins from the street they use for Ramsey Street. and the Wiggles.

Think thats it! oh on the IOM the Animal Crackers!

Kevin Keegan when he came to our school in the early 1970s then most of the England football squad when they stayed in Port Erin soon after.

The Stig in the Port Erin Belle Vue Hotel or whatever it is called these days. He takes his helmet off in the bogs. Sometimes.

Salman Rushdie in the early danger days.

When I was in the first year at school, one of the older 6th form girls was said to have 'visited' Des O'Connor in his dressing room at the Gaiety. A bit third hand celebrity I know, but that sort of knowledge played on my teenage mind and for a couple of years after that I always wanted to be a show biz star. If an al' has-been like Des could woo the sexiest prefect in the school to his room then I would surely have no problem. I became an office clerk.

Derek Guyler used to come over and stay with his sister out by the Lhen

(for the youngsters, he was the old caretaker in the tv school comedy with John Alderton 'Please Sir')

got Douglas Bader and Eddie Calvert's autographs at the airport

Think thats it! oh on the IOM the Animal Crackers!

I remember seeing them at the Lido when I was a nipper. Bungo, Rory, Twang and Boots!

Yep, i got to go back stage with them as i was one of the lucky kids who got to go and dance on stage with them! i was about 6 i think! :)

Archived