Council Leader Spins Fixed Penalty Scheme

copycat

Cllr David Christian has said :- ‘Dealing with litter has been a high priority over the TT fortnight but littering is, of course, an offence year round, and the Corporation will be issuing £50 fixed penalty notices for all littering offences - and that includes the dropping of cigarette ends.’

So if the Council's Enforcement team are up to scratch with their head cams and mosquito surveillance devices and high profile blue jacket uniforms how many fixed penalties have been issued? Zero.

Perhaps its because they can't find anyone dropping a cigarette butt. Well Mr Chriostian why don't you instruct the Enforcement team to do some surveillance on the pavement opposite say Number Fourteen Athol Street and catch those occupiers who stand outside that building, smoke and drop the ciggie butts all over the pavement.

Hmm then again some high profile businesses there - advocates and telecoms companies etc so maybe the Enforcement team have been told not to prosecute - so maybe its a matter of double standards.

Lemme guess - you want them to stop people dropping fag butts outside the building you clean?

what if I do, maybe I'm just fed up with having to be told to clean up outside a building which is effectively a public place for no extra pay when its not even the cleaner's responsibility! and more so when I pay rates for people who don't get the job done that they pontificate about and for my contribution to wages of a team that don't perform when tasked to do something.

agreed, but that would be too much to expect 'cos which company in the building is going to own up to its employees being the cause of the problem Simcocks, Cabel & Wireless, MannLink Travel or Habib Bank or another?

still why not some other ciggie grot spot gets the surveillance treatment - with all the expensive technology the enforcement team have been provided with why can't they get a result? maybe its a gravy train that the Council policy members need to wake up to that they are funding an ineffective service and unless they press for results then the ratepayers will be calling on their representatives for heads to roll.

Archived