Tt Barriers

ccm

I notice there are still crash barriers/air fences around the TT circuit. This must be for the Manx Grand Prix at the end of the summer. So instead of taking them down why not leave them up all year round. If they're good enough for the Summer months....

There are few reasons why, they leave them up over the summer because it is ar more cost effective to put them up, leave them up and take them down after the GP as opposed to putting them up, taking them down, putting them up taking them down. There is also the cost of maintaining them if they are left up all year. The straw bales would rot and need replacing after October, the expensive air barriers would probably last for 2 TTs if they were left out over the winter and they aren't cheap. Then there's the fact they obstruct the footpaths in certain places, if they were going to be a permanent fixure that would need to be resolved.

Why would they leave them up all year? The only reason they are there at all is to prevent death or serious injury to racers who hit them, there is only a chance of that for 4 weeks of the year so the rest of the time, they just aren't needed. If you were questioning the permanent removal of the barriers at the QB then I'd be all in favour!

Perhaps to leave them there all year they would need a more permanent solution. There are certain black spots where improved safety throughout the year could help day to day motorists.

I believe the long therm plan should be to get rid of lamp posts, letter boxes, dodgy grid covers which are still evident at certain black spot areas. I understand a lot has been done, but as speeds on the roads increase then the target moves.

I think they should maybe try a 'square-about' or a 'triangle-about'... we seem to struggle with round-abouts over here for some reason....

(Edit nuther typo)

Perhaps to leave them there all year they would need a more permanent solution. There are certain black spots where improved safety throughout the year could help day to day motorists.

I believe the long therm plan should be to get rid of lamp posts, letter boxes, dodgy grid covers which are still evident at certain black spot areas. I understand a lot has been done, but as speeds on the roads increase then the target moves.

Move to the US-style traffic light set-up?

us-202_nb_at_de-261_02.jpg

There left up so that are local crew of idiot boy racers are not killed when they hit a wall. having arrived the other day at the scene of an accident in which two idiot friends of mine had been in a RTC realized that there was one good reason why the damage had been limited extensively - the crash bails that are up around the course.

Archived