Flash Floods In Crosby

zippy

Yup, I was at a customers house in Crosby at about 11am. The rain was bucketing down, i got drenched running the 20 yards from the car to the house, and on the way back into Douglas at 12 the roads were under about 3 or 4 inches of water and got to Snugborough to be greeted with glorious sunshine.

Weird Weather,

I was at a customers house in Glen Vine, had to go to Foxdale for next job. Thankfully I got through the lights at Mines Road in Foxdale fairly quickly. I felt sorry for the digger driver who would dig a bit, then jump down and try to sort out the queues that were building up.

I was at the airport and got absolutely drenched walking a couple of hundred yards. It was amazing - like 'heavy rain' - you know, the kind that really gets you wet.

Unbelievable - there were big clouds too, some of them really quite a dark grey, others more a dirty white.

I was travelling from Jurby back to Douglas (Couldn't go over the mountain as it was closed) got to Ballacraine and the signs were out.

Took a detour slightly and came out by the dog kennels and travelled along it. and short-cut through crosby pub carpark and round the actual blockage in the road....

11 DOT workers stood around a hole that seemed to be blocked and was getting pumped out by the suckery thing.

they have to be flash. Ah-ahhhh.

Good work.

You just made Flash Gordon appear on telly tonight. And alcohol fuelled Flash Gordon watching is ace.

Good work monsiuer sausage.

they have to be flash. Ah-ahhhh.

Good work.

You just made Flash Gordon appear on telly tonight. And alcohol fuelled Flash Gordon watching is ace.

Good work monsiuer sausage.

*affects bad Brian Blessed impression* Gordons alive? :huh:

water appeared to be pouring out the middle of the west bound carriageway from a dent in the road. before the roads actually shut DOT bods were gestureing cars away from the dent quite dramaticilly. probably for fear of something dropping in?? odley enough all this was very near where a pipe was laid accross the road a few months back. perhaps the pipe was a drain for the new estate going up behind the pub and the sudden downpour found the weakspot for them. in the road ofcourse.......

Archived