Glastonbury

inspector

I plan on spending hours watching Glasto over the weekend and started last night.

I fancy going for my 40th but the wife wants to go back to NYC for the 4th time - grrrrrr.....

Anyhow - Kasabian, Fratellis, Amy Winehouse so far were as good as I expected, (and hoped), but the real surprise for me was Arcade Fire. Never come across them before but I was mighty impressed. They will be on Jonathan Ross next week for anyone else who wants to have a listen.

The Killers tonight.....

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arcade Fire were pretty good, I'd only heard Rebellion before yesterday.

Gogol Bordello's were quite good too, not that I could make out what they were singing :lol: but good fun to watch.

The Killers are dire. Never paid any attention to them before, are they really popular or something - it looks like they were playing high on the bill.

I agree - Killers?? - What a bunch of dull drivel!!

Arctic Monkeys - total shite, Lilly Allen - not much better! (She can't sing, at least the band plays some good reggae).

Missed Arcade Fire - kind of hoping to catch up with their stuff soon.

Hit the red button - just been watching Bats for Lashes - found them to be the very most entertaining/intersting thing of the Glasto stuff I've come across yet.

Guillemots on ATM - quite liking them.

The Killers are dire. Never paid any attention to them before, are they really popular or something - it looks like they were playing high on the bill.

Hit the red button - just been watching Bats for Lashes - found them to be the very most entertaining/intersting thing of the Glasto stuff I've come across yet.

Saw a bit of that then switched to Patrick Wolf, who was really good,

Stooges on BBC4

Unbelievable scenes at the Stooges.

A kid got over the barriers and is being wrestled by the bouncers. Iggy starts going "Let him up! Let Him up!". So the bouncers relent and let him up. Then a mass crowd invasion starts during No Fun. And someone unfurls a banner, and what is the message the nations youth are campaigning for - Bring Back the Wispa!

So the song ends, the stage is packed, Iggy is in the pit, but there's more songs to play, so they spend 10 minutes persuading everyone to leave the stage.

Fucking ace.

(oh and Mike Watt's playing bass)

Lovin' it so far...... I've been away and didn't know if I would make it back in time but the Killers and the Twang were ace.

Caught the end of the Stooges when i got in lt night. Just loved the stage invasion and Iggy was loving it himself. There was one lone security guy round Iggy 'protecting' him from the crowd and Iggy kept getting away from him pretty sharpish. Great fun!

Maybe they should show that to the security at the Villa to teach them how a crowd can be handled without causing problems!

Cold War Kids on interactive now = very fine.

Why does the interactive coverage keep showing the Killers and Arcade Fire? Surely, all the editors and djs and music experts they've got working there must have noticed how unbelievably insultingly insipid these bands performances were.

Archived