Glastonbury

inspector

I found Mis Allen pretty impressive esp. when the boy from The Specials joined her. I'm sure I recognised other ex-Specials dudes in the band but can't be sure.

Terry Hall looks loads better then he did in the olden days ! Still just stood there and sang just like he used to !! Brilliant...

Paolo Nutini owned the stage.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I found Mis Allen pretty impressive esp. when the boy from The Specials joined her. I'm sure I recognised other ex-Specials dudes in the band but can't be sure.

Terry Hall looks loads better then he did in the olden days ! Still just stood there and sang just like he used to !! Brilliant...

Paolo Nutini owned the stage.

I am a big fan of Terry Hall (Specials, Fun Boy Three etc.). You can see the Glastonbury performance on youtube

Not many people know he is still very busy behind the scenes and has not dissapeared at all, with involvement with the Dub Pistols, and in Gorillaz (see Dub Pistols web site and album for online listening - scroll down about a quarter of the page).

He is looking far more presentable these days, quite iconic in fact. I hope that we will be seeing a lot more of Terry soon.

I enjoyed

The Editors

Paulo Nutini

Arcade Fire

The Twang

Favourite though was Hot Chip, Over and Over was just awesome. - http://www.bbc.co.uk/glastonbury/2007//artists/hotchip/

I thought the Killers were good at what they do but was pretty mundane stuff apart from Mr Brightside

Babyshambles was very poor, I really liked the Libertines and this was just an extremely poor set, he really cant sing live.

Who are you arguing with Albert?

Anyway you are right, Terry Hall is ace, I'd even go so far as state that he was one of the top 4 or 5 members of the Specials.

Your're so right!

Fun Boy Three: Our lips are sealed

Specials: Ghost Town (blimey! Douglas on a winters evening!)

Best album ever - 'Waiting' by Fun Boy Three

You can listen to more Arcade Fire stuff on myspace - I've had their music on my ipod for months

I've had it on mine for years since their first album "funeral" in 2004..... :D

Got back from glastonbury last night, very wet and muddy but still had a top time.

Highlights of the weekend for me:

The twang

Supper furry animals

Reverend and the makers ( these guys are going to be massive)

Got back to my mate's house last night (not back on the Island till tomorrow). My previous Glastonburys have been sunny so that was quite an experience for me, the mud was biblical in extent. Absolute glorious fun despite it turning into an endurance test. Many, many highlights for me.

Musical highlights that I experienced:

Modest Mouse (great music but truly awful band name)

Arcade Fire (as good as I expected they would be)

Guillemots (extra points for the lead singer's huge hair)

John Fogerty (I see a bad moon on the rise)

Rodrigo y Gabriela (acoustic rock and roll)

Spiritualized (acoustic with orchestra and gospel choir)

Gruff Rhys (so good I watched both of his sets)

The Marley Brothers present Exodus (it actually stopped raining and the sun came out)

Tinariwen (a band of former Tuareg rebels)

AIM (I was expecting one bloke and a synth not dozens of people)

Musical lowlights that I endured:

The View (my mate me watch them and they were terrible)

Editors (sounded like a bad version of Inspiral Carpets to me)

Brakes (I was trying to sleep in my tent and all I could hear was their drivel)

There were loads of bands that I missed but its always the way and the navigating the mud made it even harder. I would have loved to have had time to throw mud at Mika and stab Mark Ronson, but hey life is just too short.

I wish it wasn't over but getting clean was nice.

Tinariwen (a band of former Tuareg rebels)

I like listening to them when I cut the grass.

Although generally, I disliked Glastonbury when I went, and the T.V. coverage suggests it is still not to my taste, it is does score over the other festivals on putting things like this alongside Indie and Rock.

Archived