Glastonbury

inspector

From what I saw on TV...

Enjoyed

Artic Monkeys...GCWCF....Rodrequez & Guil (whatever I cant spell it)...The Gossip (wasnt sure what to make of her!!)

Iggy and the Stooges...Calvin Harris (spotted son's mate up the front giving it large, hahaha)...Kaiser Chiefs..

Total Crap....Lilly Allen... The Editors....The View..Babyshambles (shambles alright, he looks like a scarecrow from alice in wonder land)...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got back today after missing the boat last night, brilliant festival, loads to see and do, the place is huge now! Weather wasn't as bad as i've heard some people make out, pretty bad sunday night from bout 7 but fewer spells of rain than spells of sunshine overall. The mud made it hard to get about but made for some awesome sights, mudslides, bellyflops, wrestling, mud-football and some poor guy that out of it on sunday night, i'll just say he was struggling to emerge from the mud!

Saw Coldwar Kids, Bloc Party, Maximo Park, Liz Green, Krafty Kuts, Sasha, Hybrid, Plump DJs, Lily Allen, Reverend&the Makers, Shirley Bassey, Steve Lawler, Pendulum, Coldcut and loads more i either didn't know or can't remember yet (bits of it, very blurry :ph34r: )! I didn't see anything all weekend that i thought was even average, all were great but particularly the Fratelli's and Freq Nasty were the best things i saw.

Random things we stumbled on without any idea they were there, Nizlopi(spelling?) got there just as he started the JCB song, brilliant. And this guy in the mad herbal tea tent that sampled himself beatboxing, makin instrument noises and mad bleeps, then looped it all and rapped over the top of it.

The best weekends entertainment i've had in a very long time, i've nothing to moan about it at all. Even waking up to find the tent had flooded on monday ended up a result, we left for the carpark almost straight away and got out of it within half an hour!

Met Modey too, only to find i've known him for years!!

Never had a clue that was you on here, hope you had a good one, we did.

I'm surprised i didn't see you at nizlopi too, we stumbled on that as he was just starting the jcb song.

just got back a couple of days ago... first day back at work today :(

wasn't my favourite glasto (number 8 for me!) mainly because of the weather and the weak line up but still had brilliant time!

highlights for me were arcade fire, sasha and chemical brothers.

bring on a lovely dry sunny one next year - it's well overdue!!

WATCHED IT LAST SUNDAY NIGHT ON TV!

PHIL JUPITUS ,PRESENTING GLASTONBERY WHILE OFF HIS HEAD ON SOMETHING OR OTHER?

FIRST TIME HE'S MADE ME LAUGH IN SEVEN YEARS ,USLESS T**T

I'm more of an armchair fan when it comes to festivals to be honest so, with the wonder of the internet, I'm glad to see that there is a listen again feature.

I liked the set by the Chem's (seemed a bit short though - was it really only 30 minutes worth?)

Anyway, linkage here for anyone that wants to re-live it Glastonbury

Editage - uber lightshow - 'ave it!'

wasn't my favourite glasto (number 8 for me!) mainly because of the weather and the weak line up but still had brilliant time!

highlights for me were arcade fire, sasha and chemical brothers.

bring on a lovely dry sunny one next year - it's well overdue!!

Thats the thing about Glasto tho, its that big that everyone can have a completely different festival. In contrast to you, i thought the line-up was one of the best i've come across, in particular the dance village, my days were filled to the brim and i still managed to miss loads of stuff that clashed, Uberzone, D.Ramirez, Kirkmicheal Bros, Kasabian, Meat Katie, Klaxons, to name a few.

Just got the photo's back and the Q review, looking forward to next year already!!

I'm more of an armchair fan when it comes to festivals to be honest so, with the wonder of the internet, I'm glad to see that there is a listen again feature.

I liked the set by the Chem's (seemed a bit short though - was it really only 30 minutes worth?)

Anyway, linkage here for anyone that wants to re-live it Glastonbury

Editage - uber lightshow - 'ave it!'

The chemical brothers were on for over an hour, that must just be edited highlights.

Brilliant set.

Hi Guys and Girls, its taken me a while to post on this thread

Glasto was great this year, although the Mud and Rain did make a good attempt at putting a downer on proceedings this year.

Highs this time were defo the Reverend and Makers (as someone else has already said, defo a band to watch out for they will be a Big hit).

Kasabian - really got everyone pumped up for the Arctics, although they sounded poor on the tele, they were alot better live.

Arctic Monkeys - Nice Crisp clean set, faultless for me.

James Morrison - Great voice and such a wonderful way to sit and listen to music on a sunday afternoon with a pint of pear cider,

Shirley Bassie, just to hear Goldfinger was enough for me.

The Kooks - the whole crowd were singing along which was great,

The Killers, did not really like them before i went, but they were great, the show they put on was brilliant and so were the songs, i am now a fan of sorts

The Chemical Brothers, the set was shorter than i expected (not as short as shown on tele) but the light show was great,the whole of the crowd were dancing, and the new album sound wicked, just a pitty it was not on the Saturday night,

Lows

The Klaxons - they did not impress, me i dont know whether it was the music, but i left quickly,

The Manics - seen them a few years ago, but this time it was horrible and i felt deflated.

many will think i spent most of my time around the pyramid stage and other stage, which is unfortunately true, had my missus with me so had to please her, gutted i missed Fat boy slim, the gossip and sasha, Ed harcourt as well, but the mud had drained my legs and the 2 mile odd walk put me off,

Bring on next year

Archived