Glastonbury

inspector

wasn't my favourite glasto (number 8 for me!) mainly because of the weather and the weak line up but still had brilliant time!

highlights for me were arcade fire, sasha and chemical brothers.

bring on a lovely dry sunny one next year - it's well overdue!!

Thats the thing about Glasto tho, its that big that everyone can have a completely different festival. In contrast to you, i thought the line-up was one of the best i've come across, in particular the dance village, my days were filled to the brim and i still managed to miss loads of stuff that clashed, Uberzone, D.Ramirez, Kirkmicheal Bros, Kasabian, Meat Katie, Klaxons, to name a few.

Just got the photo's back and the Q review, looking forward to next year already!!

agreed that the dance village line up was excellent - just missed watching a big headliner at the pyramid.. didn't actually watch one band at the pyramid all weekend, although in some ways this was a good thing as i got to explore more!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm more of an armchair fan when it comes to festivals to be honest so, with the wonder of the internet, I'm glad to see that there is a listen again feature.

I liked the set by the Chem's (seemed a bit short though - was it really only 30 minutes worth?)

Anyway, linkage here for anyone that wants to re-live it Glastonbury

Editage - uber lightshow - 'ave it!'

The chemical brothers were on for over an hour, that must just be edited highlights.

Brilliant set.

The link doesn't appear to be working anymore which is a shame. I did watch it though but would have liked to have seen the full set - the Chemical Brothers rock! I'd be tempted to visit Glasto next year myself as I believe that'll be the 10th year the Chem's will have played there so it's gonna be a bit special for sure.

Now that is something I would dearly loved to have seen. I had tickets to a concert that they were due to play at and it was cancelled at the last minute (going back many, many years). They made some class music for sure.

Thats a shame. My daughter will be very sad if we dont get tickets next year. Ageist indeed, we might be old (ish...not as old as Grant though, innit?) but we are still full of beans.

Glad to hear you all had a good un. We did too. Bumped into my bosses mate at the stone circle some night & Danny 'n co. oh I was very happy. Did you notice there were loads of really lovely people there? everyone I met and talked to was 'properly nice' and a lot of 'our lot' said they'd found the same. Hi-lights for me were System 7, The Chemical Brothers and the general crowd.

Archived