Island Games Competitor Is Threatening To Pull Out..

Last Ten

From Manx Radio website - Manx Radio

"An Island Games competitor is threatening to pull out of the games in a row over accommodation.

Pistol shooter, Graham Shepherd, says he paid almost £600 for his wife to accompany him to the event in Rhodes.

But, just a day before he’s due to leave, he’s discovered he and his wife will be separated and sleeping in shared accommodation.

He says unless the problem is sorted out, he’ll take drastic action (audio file attached):"

Spoilt person springs very much to mind with this news item :( so let's hope he pulls out, and misses the games....

I could rant a bit more but I would probably be banned from this forum for a period of time..

Last 10

He sounds like a complete knob. Who gives a shit if he doesnt take part? Does he think that we are all waiting in anticipation to see how well he does. I hope his wife has some fun with the other people in the room / bed that she is sharing!

If he decides to go in the end then that will show how weak he really is. Hope he doesnt shoot me.

considering shooting events are over in one day, the rest of the time spent out there is commitment free. he's treating it as a holiday, and one thats part subsidised by the government and probably also through his shooting association or sponsorship so he thought he'd just pay for his wife and they'd have 10 days in Greece for cheap.

i bet he never took her to the Shetland Islands in 2005 eh?

Archived