$54m Court Case For Loosing And Then Finding A Pair Of Trousers

Chinahand

Idiot lawyer makes a fool of himself:

US man loses $54m trousers claim

A US judge has lost a $54m (£27m) claim against a South Korean dry-cleaning firm which lost a pair of his trousers.

Roy Pearson, a judge of administrative law, claimed that Custom Cleaners had violated the Consumer Protection Act.

By refusing to pay him $1,000 (£500) after losing his trousers, they failed to honour a pledge to provide "Satisfaction Guaranteed", he argued.

But a Washington judge dismissed the case, which drew international attention, awarding the cleaners costs.

The National Labor Relations Board has called for Mr Pearson to be debarred so that he can no longer serve as a judge.

His case began in 2005 when Mr Pearson took several suits to his local dry-cleaner's in Washington to have some alterations made.

When he returned two days later, a pair of trousers was missing.

The South Korean family running the dry-cleaners, the Chungs, said they found the missing trousers a few days later and tried to return them but Mr Pearson insisted they were not his.

His multimillion dollar calculations for damages included the 1,400 hours he says he spent preparing the case.

According to the Washington Post, he also added the cost of hiring a car every weekend to enable him to drive to an alternative dry-cleaners for the next 10 years.

FFS what a rediculous country!

This bloke must be a very slow thinker, if he spent 8 hours a day thinking about this case, it would have taken him 175 days. A very good use of time. I wonder if he will get debarred. I'd best not say what I really think, imagine if I did? He'd probably spend the rest of his life taking me to court.

$54 million on a pair of trousers! - now that's what I call a law 'suit'.

Thank goodness we live in a sensible society, where only divorcees can expect to obtain money like this by sha**ing rich blokes for a couple of years and then taking most of their money - whilst putting numerous companies and jobs at risk.

Have faith, he did lose the case!

Aye, and don't forgot that clothing related lawsuits aren't limited to the U.S. - Bono launched a successful lawsuit in Dublin against a former stylist in order to retrieve a crappy old hat.

The guy must have some psychiatric disorder. If I had any faith in the American system of justice then I would expect that his evident lack of good judgment would preclude him from sitting as judge... but I don't have any faith in it, so I expect nothing.

This bloke must be a very slow thinker, if he spent 8 hours a day thinking about this case, it would have taken him 175 days.

I'd love to see him account for those 1,400 hours as it's over 5 hours each working day for one year. It sounds like a hugely inflated claim, including car hire FFS, I'm glad the stupid tosser lost it

They should strip that w@nker of any legal responsibilities he has as he's proved himself to be a nasty, vindictive nutjob who has made that poor couples life hell just because he can. He surely cannot have been stupid enough to believe that he would succeed in such a ludicrous lawsuit.

Archived