Ronricco Dies Aged 80

dooahhdoo

No way! I bet it's a trick to make everyone believe that he's dead for some skullduggerous means. He IS the master from Doctor Who after all.

Only went to see him once - was good enjoyable entertainment, although I wouldn't have said that if he'd made me go onstage and get my fat belly out for everyone to laugh at or something.

Shame.

Never saw him, but saw Joseph Karma several times.

A year or so ago, I was looking for my Father's plaque in the Garden of Remembrance at Douglas Cemetry, the only plaque I found of anyone I knew was Joseph Karma's! Karma or what!

Never saw him, but saw Joseph Karma several times.

A year or so ago, I was looking for my Father's plaque in the Garden of Remembrance at Douglas Cemetry, the only plaque I found of anyone I knew was Joseph Karma's! Karma or what!

If you saw Joseph Karma, you saw Ronricco - their acts were almost identical.

I remember his car with the pa system on the roof going round Port Erin "you'll laugh untill you die" whoops I mean "cry"

used to be good entertainment R.I.P

In my opinion, Jo Karma was the better hypnotist and showman.

They were at war for yeras, Jo belonged to the Society of Ethical Hypnotists, subscribed to a code of conduct, Ronricco didn't. Jo alleged Ron belittled and humiliated people as part of his act whereas he wouldn't.

Jo also had a beef about Ron getting work permits. Jo had lived on the Island forever and didn't need one, Ron and his wife and family did. Jo said that as there was a suityabel manx hypnotist availbale Ron shouldn't get a permit.

I seem to recall a petition to Tynwald one year.

Saw both shows, went on stage with Jo, also helped stage manage his last few shows at the Gaiety. He was a gentleman.

Jo alleged Ron belittled and humiliated people as part of his act whereas he wouldn't.

To be honest with you, People humiliated themselves. That was the fun element about the Ronricco shows.

Do you believe WWF/WWE wrestling is real, it's all staged as many people who go on stage with these hypnotist shows will tell you. A couple of free tickets for the next show and others who are planted in the audience, of course they will perform!

I've never heard of Jo Karma.

Went to see him at Bradda Glen and the Villa Marina.

Both my sister and my dad got hypnotised by him. Verry funny show.

We did the same - saw Ronricco at Bradda - me and my Mum went up on stage. I came away convinced that my mum had been hypnotised but not me. I had to pretend my shoe was a pet but all the other people's shoes were just shoes, so I was laughing at them whilst stroking my own shoe. I also had to go back in the audience and keep popping up shouting 'coo-ee, ronricco'. I did it because I felt that I'd be more embarrassed not doing it.

Because we'd been good sports, we got free tickets to see him at the Villa, so got to go and see the show without being involved. I was about 13 at the time and loved it.

I went to his show loads of times. Got on the stage a few times too. It was all suggestion and pursuasion. I swear blind he never hypnotised anyone just convinced them he had.

Look into my eyes, look straight into my eyes ... bollocks.

Archived