Emergency Traffic Measures At Ronaldsway

copycat

Following the Glasgow Airport attack tonight the terrorist threat level has been raised to 'critrical'.

Following on from this its likely that emergency barriers will be put in place overnight and buses and taxis will no longer be permitted to use the access lane in front of Ronaldsway. Private vehicles will no longer be allowed to stop where they currently do so. Passenger set-down and pick-up will take place at the current taxi rank with space for taxis being restricted to three at a time.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/6257194.stm

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

concrete barriers will prevent similar vehicle suicide attack on the airport entrance - small price to pay for peace and safety of mind when coming out off a flight or going in to use the place - taxi drivers might not like having to move and only three cars in a queue at a time but they can park just a bit further away.

according to the BBC the threat of further terrorist attack is apparently 'imminent'

Some might say observing security procedures at potential targets, and then reporting your findings on the internet, might be construed as suspicious behaviour. Does copycat present a risk to national security? If so what are the government doing about it?

concrete barriers will prevent similar vehicle suicide attack on the airport entrance

Erm, I hate to state the obvious but there's a very slow speed limit outside the airport. Can't recall quite what it is offhand but how is anyone going to go through the side of the building at 10mph?

Like, I don't think so! :rolleyes::P

I can't see that we would be much of a terrorist target, the idea of terrorism is to generate publicity for the cause, which would not be achieved by attacking a place few people have heard of.

This sort of thing just gives thousands of artless wankers in hi-viz jackets a taste of power

I'd rather take my chances with Osama's lot than have to obey these thick fucking drones

Because suicide bombers are scrupulous about obeying speed limits.

But we all know that speed limits prevent accidents so it just couldn't happen.

The hapless terrorist fools clearly didn't think this through properly did they! :D

This sort of thing just gives thousands of artless wankers in hi-viz jackets a taste of power

And overtime.

Now where's me coat and hi-viz ................

I will be at the airport picking someone up on Wednesday night, I shall report the truth on what (if any - let's be honest here, there's not likely to be any) new security measures are in place...

:rolleyes:

Archived