Security Checks On Vehicles Travelling To Iom On Steam Packet Vessels

copycat

Following the incidents in London and this afternoon in Glasgow there should be security checks and inspections of all vehicles waiting to embark on the IOM Steam Packet Co's vessels so as to avoid any on-baord incidents whilst at sea.

can't say more now as on the way out but threat will also likely include suicide explosive devices being detonated on-board en-route - didn't you think of that? IMO there will be very much stringent vehicle checks and checks on where people travelling here are expecting to stay etc. What's a bit of a queue and delay compared to safety? I'm all for it.

or they could do the 1st 30 cars instead of the 1st 10 cars that turn up! would that settle your worries a bit.

I know there stupid but id say you were pretty save on the ben or seacat.........im be more worried about walking through the streets of any city in england than waiting to get the boat.

As I pointed out in a previous post, why would they blow-up, hijack etc. a ferry going form a place nobody has heard of i.e. Heysham to a place nobody else has heard of ?

Yep why? as everyone knows a place that nobody has heard of is the perfect hidey hole.

Copycat/twat strikes again. If the terror alert in the UK goes up is it any wonder that the Island also increases its security? or were you expecting knowone to know and you to be the first to warn people and make yourself look you are in the loop on matters like this.

Get back to getting cheeps over fag buts or making up some crap unbelievable buff.

Just to squash the latest urban myth ( heard from 2 people this morning already ) The Sea Terminal isn't swarming with armed police, been there and seen for myself.

What was that WW2 poster - careless talk costs lives - should be a new one Stupid rumours cause panic..............

Archived