Island Pays Hidden Cost For W.e.e.e. Implementation

copycat

the european WEEE directive for recycling electrical appliances is applied as of today - how come the DLGE is very quiet about the IOM's position and the cost to everyone here for shipping the stuff away?

http://www.dti.gov.uk/innovation/sustainab.../page30269.html

http://www.netregs.gov.uk/netregs/275207/1...n=1〈=_e

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6253250.stm

What equipment is covered by the directive?

Below are the 10 WEEE categories, and some of the products that are included within the groups:

* Large household appliances: fridges, freezers, microwave ovens, washing machines

* Small household appliances: vacuum cleaners, toasters, coffee machines, electric toothbrushes

* IT and telecommunications equipment: PCs, laptops, monitors, keyboards, printers, cordless phones

* Consumer equipment: radios, TVs, DVD players, video recorders etc

* Lighting equipment: low-energy Compact Fluorescent Lamps (CFLs) are classified as WEEE

* Electric tools: all tools such as drills, saws, sewing machines. Only large, stationary industrial tools are exempt

* Toys, sport and leisure equipment: electric trains, game consoles, cycle computers etc

* Medical devices: implanted or infected products are exempt

* Monitoring and control devices: smoke alarms, thermostats etc

* Automated devices: this classification covers all appliances that automatically deliver products, e.g. drinks, food, money etc.

- the flat rate of £10 per item at the amenity sites should go someway towards covering the costs

Below are the 10 WEEE categories, and some of the products that are included within the groups:

* Large household appliances: fridges, freezers, microwave ovens, washing machines

* Small household appliances: vacuum cleaners, toasters, coffee machines, electric toothbrushes

* IT and telecommunications equipment: PCs, laptops, monitors, keyboards, printers, cordless phones

* Lighting equipment: low-energy Compact Fluorescent Lamps (CFLs) are classified as WEEE

* Electric tools: all tools such as drills, saws, sewing machines. Only large, stationary industrial tools are exempt

* Toys, sport and leisure equipment: electric trains, game consoles, cycle computers etc

* Automated devices: this classification covers all appliances that automatically deliver products, e.g. drinks, food, money etc.

- the flat rate of £10 per item at the amenity sites should go someway towards covering the costs

I wish for once you'd actually go to the trouble of getting your facts right! You mention Fridges and Freezers, we've had to pay to get rid of these at amenity sites for years here and it's been far more than £10. From memory at least £25 per item So where does your £10 per item figure come from?

the european WEEE directive for recycling electrical appliances is applied as of today - how come the DLGE is very quiet about the IOM's position and the cost to everyone here for shipping the stuff away?

http://www.dti.gov.uk/innovation/sustainab.../page30269.html

http://www.netregs.gov.uk/netregs/275207/1...n=1〈=_e

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6253250.stm

Wee off!

I wish for once you'd actually go to the trouble of getting your facts right! You mention Fridges and Freezers, we've had to pay to get rid of these at amenity sites for years here and it's been far more than £10. From memory at least £25 per item So where does your £10 per item figure come from?

au contraire - took 2 old PC's and monitors down and wasn't charged anything - don't think anyone pays for putting TV's Microwaves etc etc there

Ask them instead of posting shite you moron.

immortalpuppet

Is there really any need to be so offensive to other forum users?

You obviously have not read ManxForums T&C, one of which states "Do not post material which is offensive or defamatory of anyone else"

Please try to treat others as you would wish to be treated yourself, even if you do not agree with the topic or the poster.

Last Ten

au contraire - took 2 old PC's and monitors down and wasn't charged anything - don't think anyone pays for putting TV's Microwaves etc etc there

That just takes the biscuit - you are a moron and you do talk shite!

And to LastTen - as you state, the T&C's say "Do not post material which is offensive or defamatory of anyone else"

Copycat IS talking shite based on his/her last post and is obviously a moron if he/she doesn't realise that! So Immortalpuppets and my comments are not defamatory. I will of course apologise to Copycat now if he/she has taken offensive at being called a moron but based on his/her usual posts then he/she would not even recognise the term as being offensive!

Wikipedia - "Moron was originally a scientific term, coined by psychologist Henry H. Goddard from the Greek word moros meaning "dull" (as opposed to sharp) and used to describe a person with a mental age between 8 and 12 on the Binet scale. It was also once applied to people with an IQ of 51-70 and was a step up from "imbecile" (IQ of 26-50) and two steps up from "idiot" (IQ of 0-25). The word moron, along with "retarded" and "feeble-minded" (among others), was once considered a valid descriptor in the psychological community, though these words have all now passed into common slang use, exclusively in a detrimental context."

And again to LastTen - actually I find Roger Smelly's and Jakes comments about Muslims Derogatory and Offensive on another thread but rather than quoting T&C's at them I've gone to the trouble of putting my view forward and challenging them. Why don't you bother doing that here?

Ask them instead of posting shite you moron.

immortalpuppet

Is there really any need to be so offensive to other forum users?

You obviously have not read ManxForums T&C, one of which states "Do not post material which is offensive or defamatory of anyone else"

Please try to treat others as you would wish to be treated yourself, even if you do not agree with the topic or the poster.

Last Ten

Absolutely 100% agree.

It would seem that certain posters and so called mods have nothing else better to do than find fault, (everwhere) and copycat, whoever he or she is comes in for some really personal, offensive responses. If you do have something (personal or otherwise) against a poster and don't like what they have to say,(unless it's of legal concern) it's really quite simple....when you see who it is that's posting....DON'T READ IT....simple!?!

If you see a post where the poster is not quite so savvy grammarwise, just see beyond that and try to understand what they're attempting to say.....without any smartass comment...unless of course you're a qualified english teacher who genuinely IS trying to help.

Last time I posted something similar to this I was made to feel like a newbie who "did'nt understand the historical situation". I'm sorry, but outright cynicism and nastiness is quite simply unacceptable under any circumstance and gives us locals, on a MANX forum, a bad reputation, or are certain of us living up to the one we seem to already have?

Most of us are'nt a part of X amount of thousand 'cynical alcoholics clinging to a rock'.

So there!!!

Nice post Static.

I still stand by my post, and if I wish to quote T&C's I will do ;)

If you wish to challenge posters with quotes from Wikipedia then good on you.

Last 10

Fair comment :D:P

Actually I'd also agree with Sentience's post in that there are one or two on here who really only post to slate other posters. I can also totally understand immortalpuppet because in the last 24-48 hours Copycat has posted at least 5 new topics, all of which, IMHO, are drivel and nonsense. That is of course his/her priviledge as long as he/she realises that some of us are going to take the piss, especially when the original post is contradicted only four posts later! ;)

Archived