Island Pays Hidden Cost For W.e.e.e. Implementation

copycat

I have slagged MCB/copycat off in the past, really for inane unintelligible posting, but I really can't be bothered now. Copycat's mental make up reminds me of my lad who interprets everything in the world as likely to have a direct impact on him; 'Will there ever be a tsunami here?', 'Can I get X disease?', 'Will they ever fly a plane into my school?'. That is natural, of course, for an eight year old .......

And I though the DLGE paper March 2007 did just that, deals with al waste, including weee, and how it is to be dealt with

http://www.gov.im/lib/docs/dlge/waste/revi...msappendixb.pdf

that is the weee specific page

These are only 'options for management' It is one of the many 'issues that need to be addressed' by DLGE.

They haven't signed up to the WEEE directive and they haven't put a scheme in place.

In other places if you buy any new electronic or electrical equipment you can have the old one taken away (plus the packaging in some cases)

IOM is far behind Europe as usual.

And I though the DLGE paper March 2007 did just that, deals with al waste, including weee, and how it is to be dealt with

http://www.gov.im/lib/docs/dlge/waste/revi...msappendixb.pdf

that is the weee specific page

These are only 'options for management' It is one of the many 'issues that need to be addressed' by DLGE.

They haven't signed up to the WEEE directive and they haven't put a scheme in place.

In other places if you buy any new electronic or electrical equipment you can have the old one taken away (plus the packaging in some cases)

IOM is far behind Europe as usual.

re-name DLGE Minister Wee Willie Winkie

Archived