Auto Electrician Needed

Pat Ayres

The wipers, front and rear, on my Fiat Brava have packed up, all fuses are ok and wiring seems complete. Washers also u/s as is the interior fan. Everything else working.

Bit of a poser, anyone got any ideas or is willing to have a look. Can deliver to you if it's not raining.

I suggest Pete Kinnish(?) at auto sparks on Hills meadow, just recently set up. He has done all the electrics on my motor home for last 12 months and oncars for 10 years.

Think its called Auto sparkz, you will have to ask directory enquiries for tel number

The wipers, front and rear, on my Fiat Brava have packed up, all fuses are ok and wiring seems complete. Washers also u/s as is the interior fan. Everything else working.

Bit of a poser, anyone got any ideas or is willing to have a look. Can deliver to you if it's not raining.

Before you spend cash - check the relays are in their sockets. There may be a cage holding them in which has come adrift.

I've got to look at the manual, it's on CD so a bugger to navigate, as I don't know where the relays are. There's so many fuses on these modern cars, give me my Allegro every time for working on (3 fuses total)

I suggest Pete Kinnish(?) at auto sparks on Hills meadow, just recently set up. He has done all the electrics on my motor home for last 12 months and oncars for 10 years.

Think its called Auto sparkz, you will have to ask directory enquiries for tel number

Pete Kitchin 472620. Nice guy, has done some quality work for me also.

I've got to look at the manual, it's on CD so a bugger to navigate, as I don't know where the relays are. There's so many fuses on these modern cars, give me my Allegro every time for working on (3 fuses total)

Most likely under your bonnet near the battery.

• 3 weeks later...
Have a read of this if you are minded to try and fix the problem yourself first.

Thanks for all the advice folks. Actually found the problem after buying a meter and checking wires.

Some previous owner had installed an extra fuse feeding all the right hand side of the board and hidden it behind the board, could have been because the rear wiper contact had completely burned through, (something else I found). All fixed now and better than before

Archived