Manx Ufo Team

ai_Droid

Oh dear, not the Snaefell UFO incident....

A wet dull Monday morning on the Rock in January 2001, and no decent local newstories to be had anywhere. The infamous Beemanx news team stumbled, or possibly tripped, over the whiff of a story about something crashing into one of the masts up Snaefell. Tried of reporting the spate of milk robberies around town, and the IoM police wanting to speak to anybody who had been offered any 'hot' milk recently, they set out to investigate the story further.

After a couple of bacon baps, coffee and the ceremonious drying out of the thick knitted Beemanx 'hippy' reporting jumpers on the radiators (oil permitting of course) they set out in search of the truth. As part of the investigation, they contacted by e-mail the UFO UK people to see if any UFOs had ever been reported sighted over the Isle of Man. Within hours the story had become a huge one, and they even had UFO spotters coming over to the Rock to view the 'crash' site.

It was never really explained properly - no strange crop circles at Jurby, or abductions in Crosby, but there was a couple of reported case of anal probing in lower Foxdale however.

The Snaefell UFO incident remains today locked away in the Manx 'X' files (probably the best place for it)

I know of someone who found part of a Starchaser rocket up near Snaefell - It was the rocket motor end of the device. Being a rather fine Manx engineer they actually managed to clamp it down and test-fire it, but I think they eventually sent it back due to offer of reward etc from the owners, and nervousness about the official response to them having it.

Starchaser is/was a prototype rocket designed for putting payloads in space that was being launched from Morecambe Bay up until a few years back - they were quite a good size... ;)

What is REALLY interesting are the accounts from the 1800s of people seeing 'wheels of fire' and flashing lights hovering over them and making strange noises as they travelled near Jurby. There are two accounts of these to be found in books held by the Manx Museum.

It was never really explained properly - no strange crop circles at Jurby, or abductions in Crosby, but there was a couple of reported case of anal probing in lower Foxdale however.

The Snaefell UFO incident remains today locked away in the Manx 'X' files (probably the best place for it)

...though it does coincide with the date MCB/copycat first appeared on local Manx Forums.

What is REALLY interesting are the accounts from the 1800s of people seeing 'wheels of fire' and flashing lights hovering over them and making strange noises as they travelled near Jurby. There are two accounts of these to be found in books held by the Manx Museum.

Wicker Man. :ph34r:

Oh really <_< dont believe you :P , come on, out with it, it sounds to me like you know more than you are letting on, what are you trying to hide from us, spill the beans, i can feel their eyes looking at me right now there all around you know :alien:

i'm sure Ans is one of them

Oh well - some don't learn...

Prepare my car and set the exterminator to "vapourized".........

Oh really, well i believe that i can totally scupper your devious plan for world domination as i have prepared myself and a few friends with some of the finest thought control proof hats in this land

post-1039-1183490198_thumb.jpg

foil_hat_2.bmp

post-1039-1183490368_thumb.jpg

post-1039-1183490385_thumb.jpg

[Oh really, well i believe that i can totally scupper your devious plan for world domination as i have prepared myself and a few friends with some of the finest thought control proof hats in this land

Cool - foil hats! I like it when people wear them - turnes their heads into sparklers before they explode :ph34r:

Archived