It's Not Global Warming...

slinkydevil

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting back to the subject of global warming: THIS ARTICLE in today's Times is irresistible!

The methane emissions from both ends of cattle and sheep are causing so much concern in government that it has ordered researchers to find ways to cut down on the emissions from livestock, which account for about a quarter of the methane – a greenhouse gas 20 times more powerful at driving global warming than carbon dioxide – pumped into the atmosphere in Britain. Each day every one of Britain’s 10 million cows pumps out an estimated 100-200 litres of methane.

This is the equivalent of up to 4,000 grams of carbon dioxide and compares with the 3,419g of carbon dioxide pumped out by a Land Rover Freelander on an average day’s drive of 33 miles.

when Ice caps melt it affects the whole balance of mass.... why are we feeling increased weather and water levels we have to anticipate now..... maybe I assume all of this.... Ice floats on a mass..... it only becomes a mass when it melts and adds to the mass.

Why the hell should we worry about the North and South caps melting if it doesn't make any difference? some mass is held above water..... when it melts you will know about it but it was going to happen one day anyway..... move to higher ground peeps.

when Ice caps melt it affects the whole balance of mass.... why are we feeling increased weather and water levels we have to anticipate now..... maybe I assume all of this.... Ice floats on a mass..... it only becomes a mass when it melts and adds to the mass

I can't stop giggling at this. I need it on a T-Shirt.

I'm just trying to decide which is/was the most entertaining:-

Ans vs Jake on this thread

or

Ans vs Tea&Biscuits on the parenting thread a few months back

either way both are priceless

But I can't figure it out anyway 'cause I'm just a dumb American

yeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

btw ans ---- you better PM me and tell me who the vapid American woman is, 'cause if its me then I'm gonna have to go all crazy hillbilly on your ass!!!! :w00t:

when Ice caps melt it affects the whole balance of mass.... why are we feeling increased weather and water levels we have to anticipate now..... maybe I assume all of this.... Ice floats on a mass..... it only becomes a mass when it melts and adds to the mass.

Why the hell should we worry about the North and South caps melting if it doesn't make any difference? some mass is held above water..... when it melts you will know about it but it was going to happen one day anyway..... move to higher ground peeps.

when Ice caps melt it affects the whole balance of mass.... why are we feeling increased weather and water levels we have to anticipate now..... maybe I assume all of this.... Ice floats on a mass..... it only becomes a mass when it melts and adds to the mass

"Being silly is a state of mind.... being foolish is a way of life." ;)

Getting back to the subject of global warming: THIS ARTICLE in today's Times is irresistible!

The methane emissions from both ends of cattle and sheep are causing so much concern in government that it has ordered researchers to find ways to cut down on the emissions from livestock, which account for about a quarter of the methane – a greenhouse gas 20 times more powerful at driving global warming than carbon dioxide – pumped into the atmosphere in Britain. Each day every one of Britain’s 10 million cows pumps out an estimated 100-200 litres of methane.

This is the equivalent of up to 4,000 grams of carbon dioxide and compares with the 3,419g of carbon dioxide pumped out by a Land Rover Freelander on an average day’s drive of 33 miles.

The BBC says Garlic is the answer!

Garlic 'may cut cow flatulence'

Scientists in Wales tackling the impact flatulent cows and sheep have on global warming may have an answer - putting garlic in their food.

And I think you will need that big cork!

_42485598_cowbbc2.203.jpg

And I think you will need that big cork!

_42485598_cowbbc2.203.jpg

Wrong end of the cow, apparently:

Changing Cows' Diet Could Cut Emissions

"There is a common misperception about how methane gets into the atmosphere," Michael Abberton, a scientist at the Aberystwsth's Institute of Grassland and Environmental Research, said Monday. "It is actually through belching rather than the other end."

And I immediately demand big cows to be taxed heavily, so farmers are encouraged to buy smaller ones instead!

Archived