Natwest Island Games

Last Ten

Well I don't really know where to start to be honest but here we go;

Football Farce - From Manx Radio

Also I heard on Manx Radio (Tim Glover/Chris Kinley) in Rhodes on the radio tonight that Elliot Baxter (mountain biker) complained that a Minorcan cyclist was taking shortcuts on each lap, the manager of the IOM cycling team investigated where he was allegedly taking these shortcuts which was a spectator area and ended up being run over by the Minorcan cyclist who then ended up throwing his bike at the IOM manager who was cut on the head.

It appears to be a right farce out there.

Last 10

The couple of reports I have heard on MR consist of Tim Glover and Chris Kinley criticising the organisation, the fact that many of the events have had the competitors take over themselves as the Rhodes support is so shoddy (swimming is one that I can remember), no results relay service, etc. But Peter Whip in the sailing events has no complaints as 'you don't have to build the sea'. All in all, it sounds like either Rhodes didn't really want the event or they really are just crap at organisation and are not willing to admit it.

I think with all these things it relies on volunteers which can often backfire with commitment and skills or the lack there of

Also I heard on Manx Radio (Tim Glover/Chris Kinley) in Rhodes on the radio tonight that Elliot Baxter (mountain biker) complained that a Minorcan cyclist was taking shortcuts on each lap, the manager of the IOM cycling team investigated where he was allegedly taking these shortcuts which was a spectator area and ended up being run over by the Minorcan cyclist who then ended up throwing his bike at the IOM manager who was cut on the head.

It appears to be a right farce out there.

Last 10

Blimey - sounds more like the Island at War Games :

http://www.manxradio.com/readNEwsItem.aspx?id=7484

As was said:

Rather like thespians involved in amateur dramatics and the like, some sporty types are often susceptible to moments of pique.

:)

Archived