Made In China

Amadeus

Came across this - even has some connection to the Island through this Product recall

Made in China: tainted food, fake drugs and dodgy paint

World's biggest exporter faces a global crisis of confidence as scandals grow over the quality of many of its goods

China is facing a global crisis of consumer confidence as the country's food safety watchdog acknowledged this week that almost a fifth of the domestic products it inspects fail to reach minimum standards. Following a number of contamination scandals in the US, the world's biggest exporter is struggling to prove that it can match quality with quantity.

In the first half of 2007, 19.1% of products made for domestic consumption were found to be substandard, the General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine said in a statement on Tuesday. Among products made by small firms, the failure rate was nearly 30%............

...............While the worst violations are in the domestic market, the repercussions are felt beyond the country's borders. China fills the shelves of Wal-Mart, Tesco and Sainsbury's with low-price products. But as its world presence has grown, so have concerns about safety.

First, there was a mysterious spate of cat and dog deaths in the US this year that was later attributed to tainted pet food from China. Next, in the US and UK, came the recall of more than 1m Thomas & Friends toy trains coated with poisonous lead paint from China. Then, independence day fireworks were withdrawn in the US because of their dangerously unpredictable sense of direction...........

I spend time in China and could tell you some stories about the quality of Chinese manufacturing and staff and the things thy do to avoid losing face but want to keep my job so am going to keep quiet..... B)

I spend time in China and could tell you some stories about the quality of Chinese manufacturing and staff and the things thy do to avoid losing face but want to keep my job so am going to keep quiet..... B)

It's moved on to tyres now. I believe there have been a few fatal accidents in the US where the tread has literally peeled off the tyre.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6244528.stm

Its unbelievable that they can bypass any of the quality control tests that are standard anywhere else in the world. I also read an article about the first Chinese vehicle being considered for import into Europe scoring a unique "zero" rating in German crash tests, with the latest submission scoreing a wholly inadequate "one". Just look at the test video's. Its scary. Remember this test is at 64kph - 35 mph.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/chinese-sedan-...with-video.html

Yikes!

Came across this - even has some connection to the Island through this Product recall

Made in China: tainted food, fake drugs and dodgy paint

World's biggest exporter faces a global crisis of confidence as scandals grow over the quality of many of its goods

China is facing a global crisis of consumer confidence as the country's food safety watchdog acknowledged this week that almost a fifth of the domestic products it inspects fail to reach minimum standards. Following a number of contamination scandals in the US, the world's biggest exporter is struggling to prove that it can match quality with quantity.

In the first half of 2007, 19.1% of products made for domestic consumption were found to be substandard, the General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine said in a statement on Tuesday. Among products made by small firms, the failure rate was nearly 30%............

...............While the worst violations are in the domestic market, the repercussions are felt beyond the country's borders. China fills the shelves of Wal-Mart, Tesco and Sainsbury's with low-price products. But as its world presence has grown, so have concerns about safety.

First, there was a mysterious spate of cat and dog deaths in the US this year that was later attributed to tainted pet food from China. Next, in the US and UK, came the recall of more than 1m Thomas & Friends toy trains coated with poisonous lead paint from China. Then, independence day fireworks were withdrawn in the US because of their dangerously unpredictable sense of direction...........

Those bastard chinks/japs/indians.

Proof of why we should all buy German. They're great.

Just look at the test video's. Its scary. Remember this test is at 64kph - 35 mph.

Scary stuff - good advertising for BMW though - even the windscreen stays intact!

you wouldnt want to be in either, but id like to be in the bmw in that scenario or a megane... thats bad

• 1 month later...

Shit..Fan..Collision...

US toymaker Mattel has recalled more than 18 million toys worldwide, the second such recall in two weeks.

Those bastard chinks/japs/indians.

Proof of why we should all buy German. They're great.

Nah..German production is all outsourced to Eastern Europe these days....and that's also where more and more German workers go, as countries like Poland now have a serious shortage in skilled labour - all their peeps are gone to the UK. It's the EU in action :)

And where have all the cunts from england come to........Here.....Just as much an immigrant in my eyes as anyone else

And why shouldn't we come here?

The patriotic Manx were quick enough to emigrate elsewhere when here was no work here in days of old (and not that old either!).

Us English (& German, Polish, South African, Irish, Scottish, American, Indian, etc) cunts have only done what you Manx cunts did in the past mate :ph34r:

You'll be ignorantly burning empty holiday homes next won't you mate, like the one next door to me, owned by a live-away Manx family who take advantage of cheap car tax by still having their cars registered here.

Fuck off and scuttle away sideways back into your shell.

And where have all the cunts from england come to........Here.....Just as much an immigrant in my eyes as anyone else

And why shouldn't we come here?

The patriotic Manx were quick enough to emigrate elsewhere when here was no work here in days of old (and not that old either!).

Us English (& German, Polish, South African, Irish, Scottish, American, Indian, etc) cunts have only done what you Manx cunts did in the past mate :ph34r:

You'll be ignorantly burning empty holiday homes next won't you mate, like the one next door to me, owned by a live-away Manx family who take advantage of cheap car tax by still having their cars registered here.

Fuck off and scuttle away sideways back into your shell.

Cheap car tax? last time i checked prices for car tax it was more expencive to tax your car here.

Archived