[BBC News] Ferry boss launches website blog

Newsbot

The Isle of Man Steam Packet Company's new boss keeps customers up to date with an internet blog.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/6273204.stm

Yet another case of extreme corporate vanity manifesting itself in a blog.

What's the betting he realises the error of his ways and shuts it down when .. shock ... people use his blog to complain about the Packet!! No this blog is to make me look good, not for you to complain on!

what a pointless pr exercise.

As I said blogs are more about vanity than they are about anything else. These things would be a good idea. If they were really blogs and if they really encouraged open posting of issues and problems. In this format it counts more as an electronic "suggestion box".

Its just some awful attempt to get it down with the kids by having a blog.

I posted to him. and to be honeat did not expect a reply. He has replied, we have even had a dialogue, give the guy a chance. He has pointed out at least one asumption I had where I was wrong. True to form for IOMSPCo he has not admitted they have done wrong. If you have constructive fact based criticism send it to him. A direct line to the top. You really cannot complain until you have tried it.

After all you complain about no info, lack of info, misleading info and poor info. Now you've got the line to god, as it were, surely you have to give it a go before being down on that

I posted to him. and to be honeat did not expect a reply. He has replied, we have even had a dialogue

we have even had a dialogue!? :blink:

Come on John, you sound as if you've been corporated! lol

I posted to him. and to be honeat did not expect a reply. He has replied, we have even had a dialogue, give the guy a chance. He has pointed out at least one asumption I had where I was wrong. True to form for IOMSPCo he has not admitted they have done wrong. If you have constructive fact based criticism send it to him. A direct line to the top. You really cannot complain until you have tried it.

After all you complain about no info, lack of info, misleading info and poor info. Now you've got the line to god, as it were, surely you have to give it a go before being down on that

IMO (and with over 200 trips in the past few years) the SP need to bring in an experienced senior manager to sort out all of their procedures, PR and information flow. But first they must survey their customers, though remembering that there is a distinct difference between 'listening' and 'hearing'.

I think this is a promising start - and I wish him well. Everyone here wants a shipping line that we are proud of, and if this 'open' approach is maintained I'm sure the SP will get many useful observations/suggestions to that end.

After all, the SP is often the first and the last IOM experience - which can often impact whether visitors return, so it is in many peoples' interest to make it 'the best'.

I posted to him. and to be honeat did not expect a reply. He has replied, we have even had a dialogue

we have even had a dialogue!? :blink:

Come on John, you sound as if you've been corporated! lol

Dialogue

an exchange or conversation between two or more persons.

Nothing corporate, but we have sent each other more than one e-mail

Archived