Groves Road Junction

Smeagle

I've seen people heading south from douglas going through the lights when just the left turn filter is on loads of times.

Plenty of near misses with traffic coming out of groves road.

It's not that hard to see it's a green arrow pointing left and the other one is still on red :unsure:

I have seen a lot of people doing it too, I'm not going to admit nearly doing it when they first did it... :(

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't get away from the fact that someone at the DOT (or whoever makes these decisions) has reinvented the wheel, and come up with a possibly hexagonal one. It works, but it makes for a hairy ride, lol....... If one travels down the hill towards QB, the road splits into two lanes. The left lane for straight on is given the green first. (iirc, this isn't an ahead arrow, it's a standard green light). Except there is no red to halt traffic turning right. There is a sign telling one to wait for the right filter. Either the fitters were short of the required parts and were informed of an unnacceptable delay in getting them so therefore have bodged it deliberately, or (my money's on this) someone is an imbecile and has bodged it inadvertently. It's really rather extraordinary. lol............. I think the planners of these schemes need to go on a course or something........

Don't get away from the fact that someone at the DOT (or whoever makes these decisions) has reinvented the wheel, and come up with a possibly hexagonal one. It works, but it makes for a hairy ride, lol....... If one travels down the hill towards QB, the road splits into two lanes. The left lane for straight on is given the green first. (iirc, this isn't an ahead arrow, it's a standard green light). Except there is no red to halt traffic turning right. There is a sign telling one to wait for the right filter. Either the fitters were short of the required parts and were informed of an unnacceptable delay in getting them so therefore have bodged it deliberately, or (my money's on this) someone is an imbecile and has bodged it inadvertently. It's really rather extraordinary. lol............. I think the planners of these schemes need to go on a course or something........

yes there is, across the junction on the right hand side there is two sets of lights, both with arrows on,pretty easy to see.

It's always been there since the junction was altered.

We must be at cross purposes here. I'm very observant, and I can assure you that if there is a red light holding the right filter traffic while the left lane is given the go ahead to proceed towards QB then it hasn't been there since TT week or even since last week. It must have gone up this week, but I don't think so.

As Homarus correctly pointed out, the object is for the DOT to try to overspend it's buget each year so as to get an increase the next.

Keeping traffic moving is way down the list of priorities as can be seen by the replacment of Noth Quay with acres of white paint and concrete barriers. The great thing about making a complets cock up of the road system is that the DOT get to rip it all up and start again thus spending even more cash.

Their latest wheeze for fleecing the motorist is a so called "green tax" for larger cars, what bollocks, they already charge more road tax than the UK on cars over 2500 cc. I suppose they need the extra to forest the Island with pointless road signs and those annoying flashing digital things.

Any takers for a rename the DOT competition ? I'll start the ball rolling:

Daft Old Twats

Disgraceful Outrageous Taxes

Disrupting Our Travel

The light is on red to hold the traffic back, the green straight ahead arrow comes on for the trtaffic to go to the qb followed by the green right turn arrow to turn into groves road.

Pretty simple really

Archived