Groves Road Junction

Smeagle

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me just clarify things here. Sad wanker that I am, lol,lol... I have just been to have a look at the sequence. (I know,I know but I was beginning to doubt my own observation skills and that maybe these clowns were correct,lol...) The sequence is thus:

Red.

Red/amber

Green. (and this green is clearly ahead arrows only, this is fairly new. And at this stage of the lights there is NO RED LIGHT!! lol...)

Then, AFTER A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME the right filter light comes on, before the sequence is repeated.

Conclusion - DON'T accept a lift from either Modey or the mo beats experience. Not if you value your life anyway, lol.................

Don't get away from the fact that someone at the DOT (or whoever makes these decisions) has reinvented the wheel, and come up with a possibly hexagonal one. It works, but it makes for a hairy ride, lol....... If one travels down the hill towards QB, the road splits into two lanes. The left lane for straight on is given the green first. (iirc, this isn't an ahead arrow, it's a standard green light).

It's always been a green arrow.

I give up, it's because of plums like you that there is so many near misses at them traffic lights.

Best if you stay off the road if you can't understand simple traffic signals

And incidentally and ironically, whilst studying the sequence two cars jumped the filter and turned right prematurely. lol,lol..... This junction is an accident waiting to happen....... lol......

Don't get away from the fact that someone at the DOT (or whoever makes these decisions) has reinvented the wheel, and come up with a possibly hexagonal one. It works, but it makes for a hairy ride, lol....... If one travels down the hill towards QB, the road splits into two lanes. The left lane for straight on is given the green first. (iirc, this isn't an ahead arrow, it's a standard green light).

It's always been a green arrow.

Straight and right isn't it? 2 separate, bit easy to get confused isn't it? lol,,lol :rolleyes:

The light is on red to hold the traffic back, the green straight ahead arrow comes on for the trtaffic to go to the qb followed by the green right turn arrow to turn into groves road.

Pretty simple really

yes? and your point is?

The light is on red to hold the traffic back, the green straight ahead arrow comes on for the trtaffic to go to the qb followed by the green right turn arrow to turn into groves road.

Pretty simple really

yes? and your point is?

This.

The light is on red to hold the traffic back,

This.

correct

The left lane for straight on is given the green first. (iirc, this isn't an ahead arrow, it's a standard green light). Except there is no red to halt traffic turning right.

Wrong.

so you see a green arrow pointing straight on and so you think it's ok to turn right? as i said best if you stay off the roads.

This.

correct.

THERE IS NO RED LIGHT.

The left lane for straight on is given the green first. (iirc, this isn't an ahead arrow, it's a standard green light). Except there is no red to halt traffic turning right.

Wrong.

Which bit? I've already said there is a straight ahead arrow. I'm sure there wasn't always but this is not the point. THERE IS NO RED LIGHT. This is the point.

so you see a green arrow pointing straight on and so you think it's ok to turn right? as i said best if you stay off the roads.

No, but many obviously do. And it is best I stay off the roads. For me that is, lol,lol........

what are you banging on about? what stops you as you come down the road to the junction when traffic is coming out of groves road? A RED LIGHT.

then we have the following sequence:

the red light then goes out and , the green straight ahead arrow comes on , (still with it? lol,lol ) this is for the traffic to go to the qb no green arrow to turn right has come on yet so if you are turning right you wait because you wouldn't go on the other green arrow would you lol,,lol etc etc... the green right turn arrow to turn into groves road then comes on and you can go.

hope this helps.

what are you banging on about? what stops you as you come down the road to the junction when traffic is coming out of groves road? A RED LIGHT.

then we have the following sequence:

the red light then goes out and , the green straight ahead arrow comes on , (still with it? lol,lol ) this is for the traffic to go to the qb no green arrow to turn right has come on yet so if you are turning right you wait because you wouldn't go on the other green arrow would you lol,,lol etc etc... the green right turn arrow to turn into groves road then comes on and you can go.

hope this helps.

Lol,lol nice climbdown Modey - you almost saved a little face as well, lol,lol..... Just the other plank to convince now,lol. So, after all the usual "let's argue with keyboarder for the sake of it crap" we're back where we (or rather I), started. The sequence should (and anywhere in the UK would) keep the red light on whilst the straight ahead filter was operational, and then go all green when both straight ahead and turn right had right of way. And the funny thing is, they are employing the same number of traffic light resources as they would be if it had been done properly in the first place. lol,lol.

There is nothing wrong with the Groves Road junction, it's just dickheads who are incapable of using lanes or even worse are incapable of reading signage. I've seen numerous junctions with similar light sequences in the UK. Keyboarder if you cannot cope - keep off the road.

Archived