Groves Road Junction

Smeagle

Yesterday I watched as two cars - one in each lane heading south - set off at exactly the same time.... both going straight on because the driver in the inside lane hadn't taken proper notice of the road markings.

I have, on several occasions, seen vehicles in the 'straight-ahead' begin to move off when the filter-left arrow came on (including an ambulance and a police vehicle!)

I have seen vehicles in the 'straight-ahead' lane move off correctly - but remain in the centre of the road until they suddenly realise that they're about to meet traffic from the other direction head on!

I have also used the filter-left arrow to turn onto Groves Road, intending to then turn sharp right into Spring Valley Road but, of course, was unable to do so because of a flow of traffic coming up Groves Road which meant that I held up the traffic behind me (It isn't wide enough there to get sufficiently into the middle of the road to let the following traffic filter through on the inside).

Finally, because most filter lights on the island only work when traffic crosses the white line to enable the sensor to work, most drivers do that automatically when driving in from the south.

It is, without doubt, an accident-in-waiting.

Its every bit as well thought out as you'd expect, given the intellectual capacity of those who are employed by the DoT!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just been through junction about an hour ago and it appears the lights have been "fixed".

I cant honestly remember if they were as keyboarder described them before, but they are definitely ok now.

All they need to do is put the road markings back to how it was and it'll be sweet once again.

Just been through junction about an hour ago and it appears the lights have been "fixed".

I cant honestly remember if they were as keyboarder described them before, but they are definitely ok now.

All they need to do is put the road markings back to how it was and it'll be sweet once again.

how do you mean "fixed" they are no different now from what they were 4 weeks ago

Yes indeed they are no different. They are still an abomination - anyone who thinks otherwise demonstrates their ignorance of how proper road systems operate. And in this group I include modey, the mo beats experience and broadcaster (who seems to have gone off air, lol,lol........) Tis a local junction for local people, we'll have no road sense here, lol,..............

Nope I'm still here, I just got fed up feeding the Troll :)

Oh for God's sake, what is the point of debating anything whatsoever with you thick ignorant morons? Your sole defence of your points of view consists of nothing more than calling me offensive names, in your case Broadcaster, dickhead wasn't it? And when this fails to prevent me from countering in a reasonably intelligent and civilised way you shout troll. You truly are as thick, as they say, as shit.

An accident waiting to happen? Won't be waiting long I'd be willing to bet. Was down there this morning and witnessed a most near miss. (seems I see something untoward every time I go through here, lol....) A motorbike (with right of way) heading south had to jam on all brakes in order to prevent a head on collision with a car turning right into Groves Road from the south (who had effectively jumped the non existent red light). It did make me chuckle, lol....... works well this new arrangement eh???, ))

Oh for God's sake, what is the point of debating anything whatsoever with you thick ignorant morons? Your sole defence of your points of view consists of nothing more than calling me offensive names

Unfortunately, when you've so consistently adopted the forum persona of a thick ignorant moron - as you have - it becomes very difficult to differentiate between your occasional attempts at genuine debate and your frequent trolling.

Unfortunately, when you've so consistently adopted the forum persona of a thick ignorant moron - as you have

Not a single post of mine demonstrates either ignorance or stupidity - I challenge you to quantify your statement.

Edit to add moronicness. Yes I know that's not a word but you know what I mean.

There were 2 sets of lights as I went through yesterday...the one for the left went red, amber then green whilst the one on the right remained on red...then after a while, the one on the right turned to amber then green...so to me, they seem to be working ok.

Unfortunately, when you've so consistently adopted the forum persona of a thick ignorant moron - as you have

Not a single post of mine demonstrates either ignorance or stupidity - I challenge you to quantify your statement.

Edit to add moronicness. Yes I know that's not a word but you know what I mean.

As a driver and a rider I can safely say I don’t think I’ve never seen a motorbike being ridden around with full beam on.

I used to drive my bike around on full beam a lot - the dipped part of the bulb was blown and I was just too lazy to change it.

Not a single post of mine demonstrates either ignorance or stupidity - I challenge you to quantify qualify your statement.

Since the debate is not about numbers - you probably mean qualify.

Quantify: express as a number or measure or quantity; "How thick are you?" e.g. 'You are clearly as thick as a large shit'.

Archived