Groves Road Junction

Smeagle

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As a driver and a rider I can safely say I don’t think I’ve never seen a motorbike being ridden around with full beam on.

I used to drive my bike around on full beam a lot - the dipped part of the bulb was blown and I was just too lazy to change it.

This was not as stupid as you obviously think. Down to the fact that I was also too lazy to clean the vehicle. With just the right amount of crud on the H/L lens I'd struck a fine balance between dazzling other road users and being able to see in the dark. This required a highly skilled sense of judgement, but did make for some hairy times on dark country roads.

witnessed a most near miss.

did make me chuckle, lol.......

Yes, it's so funny to see people nearly have a road traffic accident. Piss funny really - crashes are ace.

This was not as stupid as you obviously think. Down to the fact that I was also too lazy to clean the vehicle. With just the right amount of crud on the H/L lens I'd struck a fine balance between dazzling other road users and being able to see in the dark. This required a highly skilled sense of judgement, but did make for some hairy times on dark country roads.

Obviously you're tring to take the piss and be 'funny' here. And you are, in the way that it's 'funny' to see a blind child fall over then rub dog shit residue in their eyes. Ho ho ho. Very droll.

Yes, it's so funny to see people nearly have a road traffic accident. Piss funny really - crashes are ace.

Sorry, for the benefit of the forum thick it made me chuckle within the context of this thread.

Obviously you're tring to take the piss and be 'funny' here.

Uh, no actually.

• 4 weeks later...

I think the solution to the lights at Groves Road junction is for the south-bound traffic to only have a left filter arrow into Groves Road (no red & amber lights as these tend to be misinterpreted by the ahead lane).

For the north-bound lanes, have red/amber/green on the right lane (which also serves as a global red), and just an ahead filter green arrow on the left lane to allow ahead traffic when the opposing lane is green.

This then becomes more like the standard setup where we all know how it works.

Also, extend the white lane marking on the southbound left lane to a point level with the end of the kerb (like a formula1 pit-lane exit line) to prevent southbound traffic cutting across too soon.

Cret you should lighten up a little!!!!. Maybe a course of prozac is required.

Eh, what? No thanks chum - I'm chipper.

The tramadol I have for my back is fine thanks anyway.

• 1 month later...

will somebody PLEASE, PLEASE put a bin bag over the red and amber lights on the south-bound left lane lights to stop this 'dodgems' scenario, saw a near miss or two yesterday, and today I'm sure the south lane set off before it should have again, but less traffic so they were oblivious to what they had done

(and maybe rig a webcam on it so we can all watch from the safety of our armchairs :) )

(and maybe rig a webcam on it so we can all watch from the safety of our armchairs :) )

That's a good idea. I don't know why the DOT don't just hold their hands up, admit they've got it hopelessly wrong and put it right. God only knows what non resident drivers visiting make of this junction - it's a total embarrassment for the island. What does it say about the place when we can't even create legal junctions? It's bad enough to many to sanction the annual slaughter of road racing, but to plan and realise junctions like this? The longer it's left as it is, the more humiliating the climbdown will be when it is eventually rectified as it inevitably will have to be.

Cret you should lighten up a little!!!!. Maybe a course of prozac is required.

You forgot the "lol".

Well spotted...

Thanks but no i didnt forget lol. Cret was taking the comments to seriously.

Just spotted this,lol,lol....... Khunbaan - I suspect Declan and Amadeus are doing a bit of dodgy diy detective work and implying that you and I are the same person, lol.... 2 plus 2 = 5 if you like.

Archived