[BBC News] Basking sharks spotted off coast

Newsbot

One can joke but there is a serious issue here - if we're not going to catch these exceptionally dull fish as a source of food, then why don't we just leave them in peace to quaff their exceptionally dull plankton. There was a bloke on an episode of Coast recently from the Isle of Man who struck me as being rather obsessed with watching basking sharks, from the shore via some very powerful looking binoculars, whilst they were copulating. Most odd, imo. Could have sworn he was sporting a semi at the time, but I could be wrong, lol.........

Ooooh - It''l be 'car spotted on Motorway next'.

The only 'plankton' I can see is the guy that is allowed to write this crap for the BBC. BBC guy: Get off your arse and do some proper journalism - there's a hundred stories out there if you care to dig and do a little bit of investigative journalism.

One can joke but there is a serious issue here - if we're not going to catch these exceptionally dull fish as a source of food, then why don't we just leave them in peace to quaff their exceptionally dull plankton. There was a bloke on an episode of Coast recently from the Isle of Man who struck me as being rather obsessed with watching basking sharks, from the shore via some very powerful looking binoculars, whilst they were copulating. Most odd, imo. Could have sworn he was sporting a semi at the time, but I could be wrong, lol.........

The only serious issue here is the extremity of your mental impairment - lol, as you say. Did you really have to bother posting just to say you're not bothered about basking sharks? If you're not, fine - just have a little respect for the people who do care and further research by giving their time and knowledge. Oh, and fuck off while you're doing it.

Just seen two off Glenn Wyllin. Watched them for about 20 minutes. Fair way out so could only get a half decent view through binocs.

The only serious issue here is the extremity of your mental impairment - lol, as you say. Did you really have to bother posting just to say you're not bothered about basking sharks?

You've missed my point. Although I'm indifferent to basking sharks the thrust of my post was that I find people who like to watch them copulating from the cliffs a little odd.

If you're not, fine -

I'm not. So fine?

just have a little respect for the people who do care and further research by giving their time and knowledge.

What respect should one show to people who like to watch fish shagging and may well get off on it? (I don't know that they do mind, but one can't be sure).

Oh, and fuck off while you're doing it.

Oh just for once put your binoculars down will you, lol,lol........

Archived