Politicians And Senior Civil Servants Squabble Over Car Parking Spaces

copycat

*Devises a plan so utterly evil that the petrolheads may spontaneously combust in indignation*

(1) Scrap road tax and charge road users and exorbidant rate per mile, investing the proceeds in public transport.

(2) Double tax on petrol and diesel, investing the proceeds in public transport.

(3) Destroy at least one mile of road each year and plant trees in its place.

(3) Destroy at least one mile of road each year and plant trees in its place.

How would the buses negotiate their way around the trees?

Geez, do I have to do all the thinking? :rolleyes: Obviously they would travel on the roads that hadn't been destroyed. By the time all the roads had been destroyed we would have gradually adapted to life without roads: by then I will have invented carbon neutral personal hovercrafts as one option for the road-free future.

no roads needed at all, we should all drive tanks doing 6 to the gallon and chewing up the land where ever we go, them namby walkers whinging about a few motorcycle tracks will be in therapy for years..

They should do what they did in the old days and make it a free-for-all for all civil servants, no matter how lowly. (And probably not just civil servants.) All piled in like sardines, but it was free!

It made sure we were there early - if you got there past 8.15 there was no way you could get in.

And it made sure we left late - if you went dead on 5 you'd be waiting for ages before you could get out.

Lol Sarahc, that brings back memories, I used to visit ISD daily for meetings/IT work etc, and it was always a nightmare to get a park close by...until I bought my jeep and could just 'climb' into the area from any angle :P

Archived