Omfg The Island Is A Comin To A Standstill

immortalpuppet

I overheard a taxi driver mumble something about being caught in a traffic jam so i thought i would bullshit it up a bit like copycat and post some guff with a huge headline in the hope that someone would fall for the troll and post something to prove me right.

Oh wait thats not how it works, i am supposed to try and substanciate my claim by something other than hearsay.................... (poke your jabs at spelling its nearly 3 in the morning.)

There was quite a traffic jam in Douglas Friday evening about 5pm, far more than the usual.

How many people do you know that don't own a car compared to 10 years ago? You can buy a reasonable car these days for a week's wages. Do you have more difficulty getting parked near your house these days? Things can only get....worse.

At some stage the system will simply stop working. It reaches saturation and that 2 minute wait we are used to starts to increase exponentially.

The study of traffic is a strange inexact science, but quite predictable.

Compared to 30 years ago, the headline is spot on

It was great fun to have a car in the 70's/80's, little traffic, no speed limits, cheap fuel, no queues in the morning, laid back way of life, no hurry, and park where you want - memories, it's the only thing keeping me sane

...now it's like Anytown across, there's no fun in motoring anymore, and by the time you get in to work, you want to rip the head off the first person who says so much as a byword

I don't think the traffic situation is that bad, I certainly know it's not like "anytown across" and while there are enough cars here I still enjoy driving/riding here.

The parking in Douglas can be a pain in the arse, but still not as bad as most towns and cities across. Mr Drift, get a bike, no parking problems, very little queueing with the cars and it's possible to buy an economic one, thus saving a bit of money!

You might find that you enjoy it and would arrive at work, smiling and cheerful. Your colleagues might even consider chipping in a bit, to save having their heads ripped off. Chill mate, chill.

I overheard a taxi driver mumble something about being caught in a traffic jam so i thought i would bullshit it up a bit like copycat and post some guff

You forgot the link to an Irish news story exposing the traffic problems in Cork. You suck at posting like copycat.

Compared to 30 years ago, the headline is spot on

It was great fun to have a car in the 70's/80's, little traffic, no speed limits, cheap fuel, no queues in the morning, laid back way of life, no hurry, and park where you want - memories, it's the only thing keeping me sane

...now it's like Anytown across, there's no fun in motoring anymore, and by the time you get in to work, you want to rip the head off the first person who says so much as a byword

We've now progressed??? as a nation to a point where our gov'mt pays people to kill wildlife ,if it dares to interfere with the big(and small) shiny killing machines currently on our roads .

I'm with you RC-Drift! ,there is far to much traffic about!!

"Look forward to going back"? For sure!

I don't think the traffic situation is that bad, I certainly know it's not like "anytown across" and while there are enough cars here I still enjoy driving/riding here.

The parking in Douglas can be a pain in the arse, but still not as bad as most towns and cities across. Mr Drift, get a bike, no parking problems, very little queueing with the cars and it's possible to buy an economic one, thus saving a bit of money!

You might find that you enjoy it and would arrive at work, smiling and cheerful. Your colleagues might even consider chipping in a bit, to save having their heads ripped off. Chill mate, chill.

So how do I transport my van full of tools & equipment :rolleyes:

Archived