Alien Vs Predator 2

Someone told me there was going to be another one, so i googled it and there is indeed one in production, due out at christmas. Written by the guy that wrote Armaggedon, starring no-one you know.

Warring alien and predator races descend on a small town, where unsuspecting residents must band together for any chance of survival.

Sounds shite already. Such a waste of great license's, there could be so much more to these films and should be. But they bring it to earth and turn it into cheesy bollocks. What's the point? :angry:

There could be more to them but they're basing them on the comics instead of going with their own story. You know James Cameron was interested in AVP1 but they turned him down because he wanted to bring in his own script. Idiots.

You know James Cameron was interested in AVP1 but they turned him down because he wanted to bring in his own script. Idiots.

Thats a really bad mistake, why wouldn't give leave someone like him free reign? Hmmm, Titanic, but still!

From your link Uni

Rothman also confirmed that the studio continues to examine the possibility of a third Predator film. So far, however, no such film is actively in the works. The studio would even jump at a chance to make Alien 5, should director Ridley Scott, who helmed the brilliant original, be interested in another.

That'd be interesting, having Ridley back at the helm. The first one's a masterpiece.

dear god...

I was so gutted about the first one and I really fail to see the worth of adding even more bad films to it

I wasn't that keen on Cameron's Aliens, it just seemed too much like a Vietnam war film transplanted in space, plus the Newt/Ripley thing really began to get on my tits after a while. When I watched the director's cut recently I couldn't help thinking that the story of the colonists discovering the Alien ship and having to deal with ever increasing numbers of Aliens hunting them, then maybe ending with colonial marines entering the empty colony would have made for a better story.

I agree it would still be a million times better than basing them on the comics though, which after a while seemed to turn into a long running project to see who could explain the aliens and ruin the mystery most (as well as introducing endless boring subspecies of alien).

AvP2 the game was mega though, it's just a pity they had to associate it with Primal Hunt (which sucked tramps' balls)

Better yet, Cameron to write the screenplay, Scott to direct.

Cameron to write the screenplay, Tarantino to do the re-write on the dialogue, Scott to direct.

I wasn't that keen on Cameron's Aliens, it just seemed too much like a Vietnam war film transplanted in space, plus the Newt/Ripley thing really began to get on my tits after a while. When I watched the director's cut recently I couldn't help thinking that the story of the colonists discovering the Alien ship and having to deal with ever increasing numbers of Aliens hunting them, then maybe ending with colonial marines entering the empty colony would have made for a better story.

Without the newt/ripley bond, 'Get away from her, you bitch!' wouldn't have had so much of an impact.

Aliens rates in my top 5, possibly my top 3, of all time. The first film doesn't even figure, but that's possibly because I was too young to see it (6) when it first came out, so the shocks weren't shocks to me by the time I did.

Alien was never about shocks or gore, it's a masterclass of suspense and tension. It's wonderfully directed and I'd pick it over the gung-ho action movie of Aliens every time.

Agreed, I saw it just after seeing the first Star Wars so was initially put out at the dirty working ship scenario but having said that when it gets going it shows a real deft touch and really is a first class film. As Ans says a masterclass in suspense.

Aliens in it's own way was good as the marines go from hunters to hunted in quick time. I feel that all the Alien films stand out one way or another although Resurection went to pot in the end. ( Winnonna was cute though )

As for AVP, I'm afraid I loved it but I really like the concept of predators and their underlying ethos. I thought the story as pretty good but as I said, I'm biased. Anything with them in gets a thumbs up although the Ridley /Cameron option would be a sure winner.

Archived