The Manx People Have Lost Out.

crumlin

I don't work for manx telecom, so I can't be sure what reason they closed their forums down. I do know that the individual who's actions resulted in my decision to stop hosting the manxonline forums also claimed credit for shutting down manx.net's forums.

I suspect it was really a bunch of people like him and perhaps that included Ned, because in the months before the forum closed, a stack of threads were deleted about a bunch of different subjects probably as a result of complaints. I'm sure manx telecom came to the same conclusion as me, while you're doing nothing wrong, just dealing with complaints like this is so much work and stress that hosting a (free) forum simply isn't worth the grief.

But yes, Harry was right on the ball with his comments on the manks list, he's had similar experiences as me. It is interesting to see people assume it was the govt, yes, shows how people are thinking, despite being told the truth from the start.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had heard that the people behind Manxman.com might be appearing in court, and are expected to be asked to name their sources. How accurate that is I don't know.

I don't care what anyone says the old Manx forum was closed by your goverment.

Shows how much you know old bean.

Ans, instead your usual 'cloak and dagger' approach why not explain the reasons why it ended?

I do find your 'well i know...but i'm not going to tell approach' somewhat irritating.

I'm guided by your media, yes they deny it of course and that may well be the case, but the very point the matter was featured, along with Mr.Corkhills difficulties regarding the Police...does make one think.

Perhaps he doesn't explain them as he was told in confidence? Well actually I know for a fact he WAS told in confidence, so he's kind of between a rock and a hard place really isn't he???

He's obliged to pooh pooh the conspiracy theorists yet duty bound not to back it up with the hard facts.

Get off his case - it's getting really boring now.

Perhaps he doesn't explain them as he was told in confidence? Well actually I know for a fact he WAS told in confidence, so he's kind of between a rock and a hard place really isn't he???

He's obliged to pooh pooh the conspiracy theorists yet duty bound not to back it up with the hard facts.

Get off his case - it's getting really boring now.

Fairly simple really..you just say absolutly nothing.

You follow in his footsteps...'I know he was told in confidence'

Any grief he brings to himself...i'm sorry but, smug vague refferences do little to to reassure people.

What i don't think many of you realise is that the old forum had become, international, people that were not bound by your 'Less than democratic' ways deserved a reasonable explaination.

What i find so irritating is people fighting battles for others.

Oh grow up, he isn't here to answer or he would.

What is so hard to understand about somebody assuring you that they know why a forum was closed down, but that they are unable to tell you why (even if they might want to) but that it was not shut down by an MHK?

You're just spitting the dummy because you want to know exactly why and feel you have not had a specific enough answer. Why should you be told? Do you think if Ans shouted to all and sundry, that the people who confided in him, potentially his colleagues or future colleagues, would ever trust him with any sensitive information again?

But oh no, that doesn't matter, you just want to stamp your feet, spit the dummy and demand to be told.

Those behind Manxman.com are in court a week on Friday not tomorrow.

And as for Telecoms forums being shut down, some of you forget the Ned has the contract to accommodate TELECOM staff at Ballacain, charging top money (and the film makers and incinerator staff) The big hotels would like these contract.

And if Ans was behind the site that was shut down he is doing the done think keeping his gob shut. you dont xxxx agaist the wind.

Oh grow up, he isn't here to answer or he would.

What is so hard to understand about somebody assuring you that they know why a forum was closed down, but that they are unable to tell you why (even if they might want to) but that it was not shut down by an MHK?

You're just spitting the dummy because you want to know exactly why and feel you have not had a specific enough answer. Why should you be told? Do you think if Ans shouted to all and sundry, that the people who confided in him, potentially his colleagues or future colleagues, would ever trust him with any sensitive information again?

But oh no, that doesn't matter, you just want to stamp your feet, spit the dummy and demand to be told.

Listen matey, the more you arse lick to Ans, the more you make a fool of yourself and him.

If the guy can't bring himself to defend enquiries..then all well and good, i really get pissed off by...members like yourself going out on some kind of moral crusade.

The moral is that Ans as a member of that particular forum, to me he breached a confidentiality by making the references he has made.

If i have a problem with a particular member, then please give me the right to express my opinion, if he chooses to remain silent, thats fine..if he choose's to defend himself then please afford him that right, without interference from Knob heads like yourself.

:angry:

Carter - It is not just Ans who is stating that Ned didn't play a part in the closure of Manx OnLine or ManxNet. The Following have stated publicily that he was not -

1. Manx Telecom

2. Gary

3. Sarah

4. Slim

These are the people who would know. Now ok MT would say that wouldn't they? But you've been using local forums long enough to know the characters of 2-4. Do you believe they are lying? I don't.

Has it occurred to you that Ans or anyone else in the know can't post on the forum the real culprit because that would jeopardise this forum.

Carter - It is not just Ans who is stating that Ned didn't play a part in the closure of Manx OnLine or ManxNet. The Following have stated publicily that he was not -

1. Manx Telecom

2. Gary

3. Sarah

4. Slim

These are the people who would know. Now ok MT would say that wouldn't they? But you've been using local forums long enough to know the characters of 2-4. Do you believe they are lying? I don't.

Has it occurred to you that Ans or anyone else in the know can't post on the forum the real culprit because that would jeopardise this forum.

Fair point Declan,

But if this forum is to survive, honesty is needed.

I don't want to know who was the 'culprit' for it ending.

He ...if it ever happened..obviously had something to say.

And who the the f-uck is Ned?

This forum will never gain strengh until, explanations for the demise of the latter, are explained.

I don't want names..just an explanation.

Look the fight club has ended, i accept the majority of the blame, i brought up old wounds.

I think some of you original members need to take a look at yourselves.

Mission and Unisol have made a successful transition, but so many of you old stagers, still bear grudges and wait for others to drag up things from the past then zoom in with your criticisms.

If you prefer to keep the forum, mainly manx..then i will say my good byes.

If you want to fully embrace the international stage...then i would love to be a part.

I am the first to admit i,m a pain...but do you all really want to repeat what you have said to each other, in the pub?

Or would you like to hear the views of others from further a field?

You have a choice...Joe Bloggs from Ramsey reciting passages from the Mail, about the Palestinine issue...or rog..who may just have a slightly differant view.

The old forum is dead, me as many others still remember it fondly.

If two members remain in a time warp..its you and ans.

Give this time to develop, take the rough with the smooth...i made 4,000 plus posts on the old forum...and i think i played pretty close to the wind at times, but i never recieved a warning of any sort from the mods.

Making a fresh start..my arse.

I don't work for manx telecom, so I can't be sure what reason they closed their forums down. I do know that the individual who's actions resulted in my decision to stop hosting the manxonline forums also claimed credit for shutting down manx.net's forums.

I suspect it was really a bunch of people like him and perhaps that included Ned, because in the months before the forum closed, a stack of threads were deleted about a bunch of different subjects probably as a result of complaints.  I'm sure manx telecom came to the same conclusion as me, while you're doing nothing wrong, just dealing with complaints like this is so much work and stress that hosting a (free) forum simply isn't worth the grief.

What is going on here?

Declan, well you couldn't be more wrong. Despite our past differences I can assure you that telling the truth will never result in "Ans or anyone else in the know can't post on the forum the real culprit because that would jeopardise this forum." because it simply never will. Free speech is all about having opinions honestly held. So if someone threatens legal action or whatever against a posting on a forum then it should absolutely be posted on that forum that tosser Mr or Mrs or Ms or whatever has stated that "I don't like the tone of what has been posted because..." or similar or whatever because it is factual and therefore it can be posted without fear of litigation. They have said it in public so it is in the public domain.

Keep on running scared and you might as well pack it in now and declare that banality rules while the Forum Moderators are spineless.

No offence..........

then i will say my good byes.

Allow me to ease your passage. Come back in 24 hours when your posting ban expires.

Edit: Incidentally, I didn't even know Manxman.com had been shut down so any comments I've made don't refer to that.

And one other thing

This forum will never gain strengh until, explanations for the demise of the latter, are explained.

This forum is going just fine. The sooner people move on and stop flogging this dead horse the better. Considering it's the same one or two people asking the same questions every other day, only to be given the same answers, I wonder exactly who it is that's stuck in the past....

Archived