The Manx People Have Lost Out.

crumlin

Sure you have the right victim?

Edited to add: Where is there any suggestion that Manxman.com has been shut down?

Let me help you here - well nowhere actually.

Ans - it seems you are guilty of leading the witness. Why am I not surprised.....

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Ned is Corkill.

2. Manx Telecom received a number of complaints from members of the public, and as a corporate body decided that it wasn't worth the hassle to keep them open.

3. Slim has posted several times why Manx On-Line closed, without naming names. Rather than have me paraphrase him, I suggest you use the search facility or click on his profile and select view all posts by this user (you'll probably need to go back to June/July time).

4. Most regular users have now accepted these explanations, I appreciate you weren't a member at the time they were made, but doesn't that tell you something?

5. We have members from off Island. Many of them express opinions about the Island that are unflattering, but before ranting they acquaint themselves of the facts.

6. Do you believe your rants about corruption on the Island and the failings of our public figures come as any surprise to us. Do you think you have provided a Damascene revealation we were unaware of? Read the forum! It is has been an recurring theme here since this forum began, and the majority of the posts on the subject amount to a heck of a lot more than the hot air you've expounded.

7. Who is living in the past? You've gone off on scattergun rants at Ans two nights running. Your motivation for this seems to be something that happened on Manx Net yet Ans hasn't referred to it.

8. I'm glad to hear you weren't warned ever on ManxNet. Surprisingly, you haven't been warned here.

9. You clearly aren't happy with the way this forum is run. That is fair enough, not everyone will. But you've provided only generalised accusations and bilious abuse at the mods. If you have constructive suggestions let's hear them; if you have a complaint about another member or mod let us know. (I recognise you have issues with me and Ans, but there's always Observer, or Unisol, or Wilddog. Or Mission (you seem to get on well with him!)

10. Ultimately, you need to decide for yourself whether you can put-up with this forum or not. The choice is yours.

Edited to add: Where is there any suggestion that Manxman.com has been shut down?

Let me help you here - well nowhere actually.

I could insist you read the thread, but I guess you've been having trouble with the Back button on your browser for a while, right?

BRING BACK MANXMAN.COM
The people from one of the closed sites are in court tomorrow, and could end up in prison

I had heard that the people behind Manxman.com might be appearing in court, and are expected to be asked to name their sources. How accurate that is I don't know.
Those behind Manxman.com are in court a week on Friday not tomorrow.

Sure, it's not fact but I think it more than qualifies as suggestion. Hope this helps honey.

That's completely unjustified. Until you actually host something like this (I've done it twice now with beemanx and manxonline), you don't realise just how much bloody greif it is. In the end the greif can make it simply not worthwhile. Sod your freedom of speech high horse, you have to deal with complaints, and the easiest way is to just delete them. The alternative simply isn't viable for a free forum.

If you don't like that, post somewhere else, this isn't costing you a penny.

Well said Slim - for some reason a select few are having a really hard time grasping that concept.

Perhaps they should get off there arses and run one themselves eh?

/me thinks they might soon change their (incessant) tune if they were to do that.

If you don't like that, post somewhere else, this isn't costing you a penny.

P.K.

Group: Donators

Moderators also voluntarily choose to moderate for some strange reason. Anything judgemental should always be seen to be fair. In my opinion it isn't. So if you make a judgement be prepared to have it criticised. If you can't take criticism then don't moderate.

Now I admired Slim for what he took upon himself and sent him several supportive e-mails offering help when it folded. From memory his last sentence read "I just don't want to talk about it".

Over moderation will lead to banality and boredom much like Topica Manks List. Awful. To be avoided at all costs. The cost is criticism.

OK, rewind..... you've lost me now.... argueably not too difficult to do ;-)

Exactly what judgement has been made that you disagree with/have found unfair and see as over moderation? I'm assuming this is something recent, rather than a generalised moan relating to something historical?

Exactly what judgement has been made that you disagree with/have found unfair and see as over moderation? I'm assuming this is something recent, rather than a generalised moan relating to something historical?

Wrong assumption. I think some moderation is done on personal preference rather than legality, taste and decency. Simple really.

Archived