The Manx People Have Lost Out.

crumlin

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some people do a real good job of showing they're not bothered and not getting "drawn into arguments" :rolleyes:

If you're sick of reading constant bickering.........GO POST YOUR WHINGES ELSEWHERE! (Sorry for "shouting" capital letters, felt they were called for here)

To Wilddog.

Thanks for pointing out that I don't run the fourm.  I am sick of reading the constant bickering between certain posters and mods and I speculate that many other members feel the same way.

Although I have not yet fallen victim to it I do feel that certain posters are vicitimised by the mods on this site.  I also feel that other members get away with posts that the victimised members cannot and that there is a general feeling of us and them between the parties involved.  The reasons for this may be many and could relate to old fueds from previous fora, but whatever I feel that Admin should either step in and ban the member and or mod involved or that mods should become invisible thereby removing the opportunity for personal hate campaigns.

Again I don't want to get drawn further into this 'argument' as seen in the last few pages of this thread but have made a suggestion for a possible solution.

You said "seems to me that you don't like the moderators much on this forum" which is why I said it seems to me like you are paranoid because I don't really have any feelings for them apart from being tired of reading the bickering between mods and certain other members.

Your tone seems to suggest that you do run the forum and speak on behalf of all the mods and admin team.  If a member cannot make a suggestion to a problem that seems to be out of your control then maybe it is time to leave, life is too short to put up with BS from people like you.

I have no tone and I don't speak for all the mods or admins I don't run the forum but I do play a part in it's existance as do all the moderators and admins.

You made a suggestion which was no way out of my control and I answered your suggestion.

You have no right whatsoever to suggest I leave the forum. I answered your post, which I might add was not B.ull.xxxx as you put it.

But I have seen enough to know you are nothing more than a troll and a poor one at that.

You are right about one thing though,"Life is too short to but up with BS from trouble making posters like you.

Funny how forums exist all over the world with little or no moderation yet on the Isle of Man everyone has to watch what they say, and posts are edited and removed almost daily.

Na, plenty of forums suffer similarly, it's just our problems compounded by the small local community meaning a lot of people know who's behind the nicks.

In my case with manxonline, I had the person who complained turn up on my doorstep. That's quite intimidating, especially when I was out and my wife and kids were home.

Wilddog

Where have I suggested that you personally leave the forum?

Where have I said that my suggestion was out of your control?

Can you actually read properly?

The latter part of this thread is about certain posters not getting on with certain mods, this has also been the topic of many other threads and I simply made a suggestion as to how I felt it could be avoided.

You jumped in feet first and accused me of not liking mods much and now call me a trouble making troll, for what making a suggestion to a problem which is clearly out of the control of the mods? Get real ffs.

You do also have a tone and an impertinent one at that, at least in your response to my 'suggestion'.

As for you Minnie if you actually had the ability to read and digest other people words then you would not look so foolish.

One of your posts I think RingWraith

To Wilddog.

Thanks for pointing out that I don't run the fourm. I am sick of reading the constant bickering between certain posters and mods and I speculate that many other members feel the same way.

Although I have not yet fallen victim to it I do feel that certain posters are vicitimised by the mods on this site. I also feel that other members get away with posts that the victimised members cannot and that there is a general feeling of us and them between the parties involved. The reasons for this may be many and could relate to old fueds from previous fora, but whatever I feel that Admin should either step in and ban the member and or mod involved or that mods should become invisible thereby removing the opportunity for personal hate campaigns.

Again I don't want to get drawn further into this 'argument' as seen in the last few pages of this thread but have made a suggestion for a possible solution.

You said "seems to me that you don't like the moderators much on this forum" which is why I said it seems to me like you are paranoid because I don't really have any feelings for them apart from being tired of reading the bickering between mods and certain other members.

Your tone seems to suggest that you do run the forum and speak on behalf of all the mods and admin team. If a member cannot make a suggestion to a problem that seems to be out of your control then maybe it is time to leave, life is too short to put up with BS from people like you.

First of all you call me paranoid, then you say I have a tone ,Then You say yet again ,you do also have a tone and an impertinent one at that then you say maybe it is time to leave, life is too short to put up with BS from people like you.

When all I did was answer your suggestion.

Then you go onto insult another poster who dared make a suggestion for you.

As for you Minnie if you actually had the ability to read and digest other people words then you would not look so foolish.

Get over yourself! I really couldn't give a monkey's uncle what people think about me on here, I'm not here to gain admirers who gush about my fabulous posts. One thing I will say though is that I very rarely resort to personal insults........something some people on here seem unable to do. I respect the fact that moderators have a job to do, some people may not like the way they do their job but hey they're the moderators, we're not. So again, if you don't like it you better lump it and bugga off somewhere else.

Yes Wilddog that was one of my posts. I must point out that I meant for me to leave not you though, you misread my post.

I still reckon that the situation between certain posters and certain mods is out of control and keeps boiling over in certain threads.

I have made a suggestion as to how it could be rectified and leave it up to admin to digest and then maybe discuss with the mods.

The mods do have a job to do but they don't 'have' to do it and they also know what is entailed with the 'job', so I don't really feel for them. If it becomes too much for them then all they have to do is say they've had enough.

If anyone cares to read my posts in this tread again carefully they will see that I was not attacking anyone, I was merely making a suggestion as to how personal hate campaigns could be avoided. It would seem that tempers are already so frayed on here that even this simple suggestion has been jumped on and heralded as a personal assualt which it is not.

We are ALL part of the forum, admin, mod or member and without members then there is no forum. It is not a paid membership forum so as a member I should have the right to make a suggestion without being accused of not liking the mods or being told to leave for whinging.

I did'nt want to become involved but I won't sit quietly when others are speaking utter BS and misreading what I am posting.

It may seem like certain mods and certain posters have issues but the fact is that the mods are obliged to read as much, if not all, of the posts that are made on the forum, we are obliged to look harder than the regular posters because that is what we are enlisted to do. The result of this, is that you do get to form opinions on the nature and motivation of the posters, everyone has there own unique style and personality which you grow to recognise. There are also a lot of behind the scenes private messages which add to this all round impression that is formed, which are not read by the general population of the forum. So when you (the member) see someone reprimanded, or seemingly treated harshly, you are not necessarily in possession of all of the facts. Mods don't make snap decisions whenever they feel like it, just because they feel like it - there is an open moderator forum where all the mods contribute and express opinions on problem areas, until the right decision is thrashed out (and believe me, sometimes this is not a particularly easy process) this therefore eliminates the personal issues theory. There are, of course, times when you have to make a judgement call when no-one else is around, it is not easy and not taken lightly - even then your actions are posted in the mods forum where it is open for discussion post action. All deleted posts appear in a trash thread, with the mods reasons for deletion - we are answerable to each other as well as to Unisol. We're not all bosom drinking buddies either, I wouldn't know Declan, for instance, if I passed him in the street.

I'm not really sure what's gone on this last few days - I haven't seen any activity in the trash or mods threads to indicate that there has been any action taken that would have resulted in the recent barrage of criticism we have endured. In fact, in my opinion, the forum had settled in pretty nicely some time ago now, we had some interesting topics and the atmosphere has been one of general all round good will. This leads me to believe that this recent spate of discontent results from historic events that in some cases did not even occur on this forum - that is very selective and deliberately contentious, in my opinion, and is meant to rock the boat.

It may seem like certain mods and certain posters have issues but the fact is that the mods are obliged to read as much, if not all, of the posts that are made on the forum, we are obliged to look harder than the regular posters because that is what we are enlisted to do.

I'd be very careful with this approach. You have to take care that you're not saying you moderate every post. If you do, and a post gets by you, ugly things can happen. Far safer to say you can't moderate everything but will try to delete stuff when you know it'll cause offence. The law appears to be that as a host provided you acted in reasonable time to any complaint, you're ok. That's not tested over here though as far as I know.

There are also a lot of behind the scenes private messages which add to this all round impression that is formed, which are not read by the general population of the forum.

Does that mean that mods read members' PMs?

We're not all bosom drinking buddies either, I wouldn't know Declan, for instance, if I passed him in the street.

I imagine him to be dressed as a boy scout, doing some weird dance. Prpbably 'cos of his avatar. :D

Archived