The Manx People Have Lost Out.

crumlin

I'd be very careful with this approach. You have to take care that you're not saying you moderate every post. If you do, and a post gets by you, ugly things can happen. Far safer to say you can't moderate everything but will try to delete stuff when you know it'll cause offence. The law appears to be that as a host provided you acted in reasonable time to any complaint, you're ok. That's not tested over here though as far as I know.

Yeah, cheers - I don't read all of them but I try to read as much as I can (that's what I was trying to say really)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Super Moderators do a good job, for free and out of their own time. If there is anything they are unsure about, they ask me.

Most of the time though, the decisions made by the Mods are better than I would have judged them myself.

Don't knock the Mods, the forum is here today because of them.

Seems strange that he did as if I remember rightly, that was on Manxnet which would be covered by the Data Protection Act. But then there's no reason he couldn't have been told been anyone.

Anyway, back on track.

IMO it's a privilage to use these Forums, not a right. So it should be used accordingly. If you contibute to it, then any feedback you have should be mailed to the Admin, not stuck up on a post. On the whole the Admins/Mods do a fine job. Sometimes they might get it wrong but if you were doing anything for long enough, you'd slip up sometimes.

I Admin on game severs and sites, which is bad enough, and would not touch being a Mod on a Froum like this with a barge pole as it takes a hell of a lot of work, up front and in the background.

Also if I make a mistake, my arse isn't in a sling like it could be with the people on here. Give them the credit they deserve.

One of the first topics i posted was asking why a certain topic couldn't be discussed on here. I got an answer. Whether i liked it or not is neither here or there but i got an answer. MT wouldn't have done that but just deleted the whole topic. Ans just locked the thread. Seemed fair enough to me as everyone was given the chance to read it.

Thats My opinion anyway.

Celt ( as in Wolfman but ballsed his first registration up as he was on a laptop in the middle of Ireland and yes I'm back :P ) I've been reading these forum for ages but been away.

Good to see you about again Wolfman.

I think that everything has pretty much been covered by the others but I would like to make one small point.

We have a Questions and Feedback forum at the bottom of the board. Rather than ruin threads elsewhere, if you have any queries regarding any aspect of the forum (including moderation) could you please post them there.

I'm sure many of you have read this thread and have disgested everything that has been said and your comments are always welcomed by us but please, in future, post this sort of stuff in the appropriate forum.

Thank you.

We have a Questions and Feedback forum at the bottom of the board. Rather than ruin threads elsewhere,  if you have any queries regarding any aspect of the forum (including moderation) could you please post them there.

Link? 'Cos looking at the page on which you posted this comment, I can't see the 'Questions and Feedback' thingy you seem to be referring to.

I'm sure many of you have read this thread and have disgested everything that has been said and your comments are always welcomed by us but please, in future, post this sort of stuff in the appropriate forum.
Again, link?

Not starting to get a little too big for our bootees are we Mission?

We have a Questions and Feedback forum at the bottom of the board. Rather than ruin threads elsewhere,  if you have any queries regarding any aspect of the forum (including moderation) could you please post them there.

Link? 'Cos looking at the page on which you posted this comment, I can't see the 'Questions and Feedback' thingy you seem to be referring to.

Again, link?

Not starting to get a little too big for our bootees are we Mission?

I'm sure you'd love me to respond to your flame in kind but I'm not going to.

The Questions & Feedback forum is easily viewed on the main board, just scroll down to the bottom of the board and you will find it located between the Announcements & Information and Testing forums.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Phew!!

I've read this this thread through. Especially the last day or so,

Heavy and very real stuff.

I don't know Slim from adam but I knew Manxonline. That was a big part of my life. As was Manx.net and to a certain extent this place. Fact. (And all that)

Sad - yeah maybe I am, but in this respect little different than any of you reading this right now.

Inreal-life, as a non-cyberspaceforumgoingperson on this Island I am concerned that anyone could feel they should INTIMIDATE someone (and their family) for hosting an Internet Forum. I don't care what was posted. Maybe even the truth was posted.

Slim - you may not have known, or even know it, but you have a lot of support. You were doing a great thing for a lot of good people.

ps

Same goes for Uni and Co.

believe it or not, Uni, quiet unassuming lad as he may seem has an awful lot of support from people he don't even know. He don't even know.

...they know him and his folks though.

And if they're beaten then the Island is truly lost.

Archived